Sunday, June 25, 2017

Nautical Celebration

I have a new blog address so if you haven't been getting updates.....

PLEASE Follow Me --->

I am working on building my stash of masculine cards as I realized that I really don't have that many.  Today I have a card I created using the No Worries collection by CTMH along with the No Worries Compliments.


It is a great collection for the rustic, manly feel I wanted :)  I thought that this card could be used for many things although, retirement is what I was going for.  I used a fishnet die for the background and the anchor die is from Echo Park.  I also love the thick twine from CTMH.  The celebrate die is also from CTMH.

Once that was all done I was done layering and adhering all of the pieces.  I added some sequins and 'water drops' for some added interest.  

The sketch is from: 

I went with the colors from the fusion challenge and took the 'stars and stripes' in a bit different direction (starfish and nautical stripes :) ) 
And since hubby and I are headed on a Mediterranean Cruise in a few weeks.... this photo made me think of cruising so I am also playing along with JUGS.

Now it is going to be a hot one here today, so I am off to do my run before it is too hot to do so!  Have a great day.

10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

I love this! Your die cuts and sentiment are perfect. Fantastic colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Annette Allen said...

i love when you layer.. this card is awesome

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card! I really like all the details in each of the layers. Excellent work. And oooh, how exciting, a Mediterranian cruise. I'm sure that is going to be a grand adventure!

Unknown said...

This card! Swoon!

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card! I love that fishnet die and the cute starfish! Have a great time on your cruise...so envious! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is awesome! I love all of the elements you incorporated into this beauty and so perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ohhh, awesome card, Laurel! So perfect for summer and you're right, could be used for many different occasions. Absolutely love the nautical design, and your layering of elements is fabulous. So happy you snuck a bit of kraft in here, too!

Heather said...

This is wonderful! I just returned from Virginia - your card is reminding me of crab and oyster feasts I had while away - this arrangement is just perfect - what great die cuts! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Karren said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Laurel! You have such a talent for putting elements together to create a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Amanda Mertz said...

What a fun nauticual themed card! The different layers are great and the netting die is awesome! Great job creating a fun retirment card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

01 09 10