Tuesday, May 27, 2008

#1 Dad

I am not sure who to thank for this card but Sarsparilla was one paper pack I didn't need until I saw so much great artwork with it on the CTMH BBs. I think Jenn's card put me over the edge! So the paper pack and my Dimensional Elements Monograms arrived tonight and I just had to play! I used this weeks SCS sketch challenge. I love how it turned out (except for my goof on the 'A') - hubby will never notice, I'll say the kids did it if he does!!!LOL. I used waxy flax for the stitching and hemp for the other items. All supplies except buttons (thank you Eulanda), are CTMH.

Stamps: Tiny Typewriter, solo 1, Weathered Backgrounds
Paper: Sarsparilla level 2
chocolate waxy flax, hemp, buttons and metal charm

9 comments:

mel4christ said...

He'll love it. This paper pack is so great. I got hooked from all the posts using this pack. TFS

Melanie

Stacy said...

I think it is fabulous. I feel the same way about this PP. The more artwork I see, the more I like it. Your card is making me really reconsider buying it.

Kathy said...

I love this card!! The colors and layout are fabulous!!

Lynn Put said...

This is an excellent card! The layout and papers are perfect for a man and I love the big letters and buttons!

Jenn said...

This paper is so fun!!! Fabulous card!!! Nice to know I pushed you over the edge to buy it...LOL!!! :D I love the weathered background on the letters, just fabulous!!!! :D Now this card will push someone else to buy this paper...I just know it!!! :D LOL!!! :D

Carla said...

Really great card, Laurel! Love the stitching and the buttons. I don't see a mistake with the A, tho!?

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful card! Love the dimension and texture you created! Very masculine...a perfect Father's Day card!

Veronica said...

Oh this is so beautiful. I only wished I could make cards as beautiful as you do. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Jena said...

What a wonderful card! Love your use of the wood stamp set. TFS!

P.S. I haven't forgotten about being tagged - I'm still working on getting caught up, so it's coming ;-)

01 09 10