Tuesday, April 7, 2009

hi 2 Sketch 4 You

Here is the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You this week: Here is my card. As a matter of fact it is still very similar to the 'mess' I left last night! I came down to see what I could salvage and I thought the card was not too bad. All as I added tonight was the flower border, the birds and the scallop border on the outside, which in my opinion finishes it off nicely! Well better than I was feeling last night anyways! The birds are cut from pattern paper and mounted with foam squares. The Chipboard letters have been painted with Shimmerz. This is also my card for yesterday's 365 Challenge.
Pattern Paper: Scenic Route; WRMK
Cardstock: CTMH
Ricrac: CTMH
Chipboard Letters: CTMH
Cricut: Storybook; Plantin Schoolbook; Mini Monograms
staples


18 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

what a cute card! great take on the sketch!

Jessica Theodore said...

love the colours you have used!

~amy~ said...

Laurel, this is soooo sweet!! I love the springy colors! the birdies and the scallops are fab...you make the most fab cards!

SmilynStef said...

Love that climbing branch up the side and the scallop edge is fabulous too.

Laura Davis said...

You are silly Laurel! This card is darling! I love the white, very striking!
Laura

cnelson said...

so sorry you were having a bad night last night! your card is absolutely fabulous!!

Rose said...

Doesn't look at all like a "mess"!! the birdies are SO cute!! great card :-)

Lynn Put said...

Don't know what your talkin about, this is an awesome card it's so cheerful and fun! Love these little birds and all the scallops!

Savitri said...

Oh WOW! How adorably CUTE!!! I love the little birdies. Too TWEET! :)

Ewonne said...

This is adorable! The little birds are just darling! ♥

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I love those little birdies.

Lulu said...

Totally cute, and a wonderful springy palette :)

Sarah said...

Love it! The birds are soo cute!
(I totally over use the words love, cute, beautiful, etc etc here in blog land...but everyones art is so great!)

Unknown said...

this is soo cute!

Unknown said...

This is so cute and fun! I love the colors and those darling little birds!

Kristie Larsen said...

absolutely fabulous card! Great take with the challenge. This is one of my favs!

Jenn said...

Laurel...this is too freakin' cute! I adore those sweet little birdies! :)

Tamaroo said...

Your card is so beautiful and colorful! Love the birds!

01 09 10