Sunday, August 23, 2009

Special Friend Blend

This is Dawn's color challenge for this week: I have been trying to figure out other ways to use these tins since I have a LOT more coming! I dug out my 'tea bag holder' stamp from There She Goes and wondered if it would fit. Two side by side fit perfect! Well I have gone to town making some tea sets with different papers (I'll post the rest later on in the week). This is perfect for me because most of my friends and myself are tea drinkers. I think I will mail this to my long distance friend, we were best friends and had tea together lots when our kids were little. I moved away and of course we don't see each other often. I have not sealed the little bags, as I thought then the receiver could replace the tea bags and reuse the gift.
Pattern Paper: SEI Stamps: Papertrey Ink Ink: Close to My Heart Punch: Martha Stewart

18 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I absolutely love this color combo.

Scrapping Julie said...

this is so neat. great job

Sharli Schaitberger said...

How adorable! This sounds perfect for your tea-friend! You are amazing.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! What a great gift.

Unknown said...

Leave it to you to come up with something so clever. You're such a Paper Goddess and I love it!!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jamie Harder said...

How awesome!! I feel like some tea now...hee hee

Tiff said...

Laurel can we purchase your gift items??? I LOVE THIS ONE!

Sarah said...

Super cute Laurel! You say you have a lot more tins coming? where are you getting them....I am sure you posted this but I missed it :-)

~amy~ said...

darling giftie!!! I just stocked up on the nugget tins to do holiday projects...thanks for the inspiration!

Crystal said...

Great job!

Kim J. said...

What a fun project! Love this.

Jessica said...

Very cool idea. I'll be making a few of these for the holidays ;)

Marjorie said...

I love these colors and your little tea tin!! Too cute!

Dora said...

I love tea, and this is amazing, wow I love the images, ow so cute!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Just perfect! Love your idea!! :)

Kathi Carlson said...

Another great use for those great tins. Love it, Laurel!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a precious set. Way to rock this color combo challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Cool use of the challenge, love how your elements came together!

01 09 10