Friday, November 27, 2009

Gratitude =joy and a hybrid card

The sketch this week from Get Sketchy:
Over at Get Sketchy we are sponsered by Craft Pudding and the winner of this weeks sketch gets a free stamp set. Come on over and play. The bonus challenge this week was to have an Autumn themed card so I paperpieced the Giggle Grove trees from Unity in some fall colored Fancy Pants paper. The trees are also mounted on foam squares for some dimension - my favorite things on cards and layouts - texture and dimension!

To see all the participants in the Unity Friends with Flair for today, start at Angela's blog and then hop away. If you find the hidden blinkie and make a comment you can win a bunch of free stamps!


Now for my other card. I am just heading off to work but had a few moments this morning so I whipped this up for Beate's sketch.
I used my Retro Kitsch and Cute as a Button kits from Making Handmade Cards. I love this as I don't need to worry about hoarding as I always have a supply of pattern paper and buttons on hand as they are digital! Too fun! I printed the pattern paper, buttons and tags up on CTMH White Daisy cardstock and it looks perfect! The plain cardstock is CTMH.

I decided to make a dangling tag.

Here is the flip side of the tag.

There, now I have another masculine card on hand! Now off to work!

30 comments:

Jeanne said...

Those trees are so fun! Terrific card, Laurel!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wonderful card Laurel! I must be slow, because today was the first time I realized that the green file folder thing isn't part of the Get Sketchy design template! LOL Your care follows the design perfectly and the trees are so adorable all paper pieced! All this - and I've just started my first cup of coffee! Wow.

Stephanie Zito said...

Beautiful card Laurel!

Rona said...

VERY NICE

laterg8r said...

love all those trees in a row :D

Dora said...

I love how you worked with this sketch, great all the trees!

Natalie said...

Very cute card and you did great with that sketch! Super cute!

Carla said...

Neat sketch! And I love your paper pieced trees!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Super cute card! Great job with the layout. Love the colors.

Rachel B said...

That flip card is SO cool. Gonna have to try it! I also love your first card with all those pretty dp trees! Fabulous!

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovin' your cards Miss Laurel!!! Have a great day!!

Monika in VA said...

Love those papers you used for those trees!

stampjourney said...

Giggle Grove is perfect with that sketch! Great inspiration!

Sarah said...

The tree card is just adorable! So is you masculine card.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the tree card! Perfection! The birthday card is great too, but I found myself scrolling back up to study your trees twice.

Dawn M said...

very pretty!

Alanna said...

Great cards Laurel. I especially like all the trees.

Unknown said...

Your cards are just amazing Laurel.. I LOVE those trees...I talked myself out of getting them yesterday...Ummmm I think I have changed my mind...LOL!! Xx

Lisa H. said...

wow! you did great with these sketches. LOVE both cards! your giggle grove tree card is A-dorable!

Rebecca said...

great cards!

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE these, especially the first one! WOW! The colors are just gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

JenMarie said...

Oh these are just fabulous, the first one is my fave!

Elizabeth C. said...

Loooove those paper-pieced trees! Great sketches - the mod paper and dangling tag rocks!

Jamie Harder said...

Those trees are FABULOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards. I love giggle trees.

Lisa a.

~amy~ said...

excellent:)

Unknown said...

The retro card is great, love the fresh and bold colors on it. The spinning sentiment is a cool element.
The Get Sketchy card is just gorgeous. Love the paper you chose to stamp on. Just fab!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

The retro card is great, love the fresh and bold colors on it. The spinning sentiment is a cool element.
The Get Sketchy card is just gorgeous. Love the paper you chose to stamp on. Just fab!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jessy said...

BEAUTIFUL cards!!!

Cindy Lee said...

Love your dangling tag! How creative!

01 09 10