Friday, December 25, 2009

Celebrate the Season Gift Box



Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Hope that everyone's Christmas day is going well (or went well depending on when you are here!)

The challenge for Get Sketchy is 'Trash to Treasure'.  We were to take something that was meant for the trash and reuse it.

We are sponsered by GCD studios this week and look at the fabulous package of goodies!  


I have had this box since last Christmas.  One of my students gave me some chocolates in this box.  The acetate window had the store sticker on it so I tore it out.  I put in a Frosted blank from Shortcuts, added some CTMH stickers (Jingle) a few punched snowflakes and voila a quick gift box!  I put a divided down the middle.  I will use this to give some of our homemade chocolates and such to our neighbors.  This is also for the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge - create a treat package, the Practial Scrappers challenge and the Our Creative Corner Challenge - snowflakes.

I know that you will have many things heading to the trash this week, why not show us how you can upcycle them!


5 comments:

Dora said...

I love your project!
Merry Christmas!

~amy~ said...

Merry Christmas!! LOVE your upcycling Laurel! Sweet pic of the girls!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I LOVE the photo of your daughters! What a sweet image! The re-made box is just precious!!! It's a great challenge to throw out there, too.

Carolyn said...

Awesome!! Hey did you FS the pic, or did you just have them in BW? I just learned how to do the PS thingy. How fun!
Have a great day!!

kathy s said...

Merry Christmas Laurel and may 2010 bring you happiness and peace. love your work and inspiration throught this year
thanks for the heads up about the BG giveaway at Get sketchy

01 09 10