Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Stitch in time... and a woot

The sketch from Paper Sundaes.

The color challenge from The Play Date Cafe:
 
I was inspired by the sketch although I did flip it, but the basic outline of the sketch is there.

This tree is one of my favorite CTMH stamp sets (Grown With Love).  I was going for the feel of 'family tree'.  I did a bunch of sewing on the card - inspired by Paige at CARDS magazine and her fabulous card here.  I punched out the circles and the heart so this is also for the Creative Card Crew.  The heart is on foam squares.
 
Stamps: CTMH (tree), Unity (birds), PTI (Sentiment)
Pattern Paper: PTI
Cardstock: CTMH

A close up of some of the sewing.
 
While I had the paper out and the PTI stamp set Quilter's Sampler I decided to use some scraps to make another card.  For the 'buttons' I just punched out of cardstock, made some holes and tied some floss through.
 

Oh and remember this card, it was featured on the CARDS blog!  yippee!

23 comments:

Dora said...

Both are lovely, but the one with the hearts is just amazing and stole my heart, this is pretty!

Bananastamper said...

Love your cards - what a fab color combo! Yummy!
Glad you were able to play along at Paper Sundaes!
Shanna :)

danni reid. said...

these are both so awesome! i love the patchwork stitching but the stitching in the tree is so incredible too, loooove!

Alanna said...

Two fabulous cards. I love all the stitching on both cards and the colors you used.

~amy~ said...

laurel...love both of your cards...especially the first one..wowza...I'm a huge fan of stitching!

woot woot on the cards blog:)

thank goodness for FREE airport wifi:)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

LOVE, love, love your cards!!! The first one just took my breath - what a fabulous use of the tree!!! And the sweet little birds ... and the sentiment is perfect! I love the 2nd card too, but the first one just screamed at me!

Great work, Laurel!!!

Unknown said...

Love 'em! What a great color combo!

Karla Kroese said...

Nice job on the challenges!

Kathi Carlson said...

Saw your card on the CARDS blog! Way to go!!

Great cards!! LOVE the colors!

Sparkplug17 said...

Both are so pretty! I love red and blue together!

CarlaKH said...

Oh I love that color combo and both are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Carla said...

Love both of these cards! Great colour combo!

laterg8r said...

i love all the stitch work :D

Sarah Anderson said...

great stitching Laurel! Love both these cards, aren't these colours great to work with ? Thanks for joining us at the play date cafe :)

Sarah said...

I saw your card on the Cards blog!!! WTG !!!
both cards are awesome Laurel.

Christine said...

Great card, love your tree! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes' first challenge!

Unknown said...

these are beautiful, Laurel! I love the black tree on the white card. Great use so the colors on both cards and love the stitching! You rock!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jeanne said...

Absolute fabulousness, Laurel! The tree is stunning, but I've got to admit those hearts and the quilt look stole my heart!

Thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Love your take on the challenge. Great CAS card. That and the stitching really speak to me!

Cindy Lee said...

Both are gorgeous especially the tree card!!! Lovely! Congrats on being featured at Cards blog!

Carolyn said...

WOW you've been busy! All your cards a gorgeous! I love this heart one, Love all the stitching, I'll have to try that. :)

PetraB said...

Both your cards are just fab, I like especially the one with the heart, Petra.

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty cards and I like the added stitching :)

01 09 10