Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to You...

My third post for today

The sketch this week from Card Patterns:
 
The color challenge from Color Q:
  
For my card I decided to dig into my stash of 'old stuff'.  This is Cosmo Cricket and the stickers are from Bella Blvd.  This is another image that I won from Soft Pencil  (I had a $15 credit and I knew when I saw this image I had to have it).  Danica loves playing guitar, loves her cat and animals so this was the perfect image to make a birthday card for her.  She acutally saw it on my desk and said "awww" - she thinks it is for one of my 'kids' - students in my class - I didn't lie it is for one of my kids!  This is also for the Cupcake Craft Challenge - 4 legged and furry.

I am not the best at coloring with my copics and I so wanted to color the cat gray as it is easy - but since Danica's cat is Calico - this is as close as I was able to color, I wanted to try some black spots and such but went with the 'feel' of a calico instead - lol!

  

22 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Darling card! I love how you combine different papers so perfectly!

dstandard said...

This is just totally adorable! Thanks for playing with us!

Elizabeth P said...

I love your cute card and the bright colours you used Laurel! so beautiful work! ;)

Tracey said...

Totally adorable!!! LOVE your use of patterned papers!

Sarah said...

Tooo cute!! Love that little mouse :0)

Anonymous said...

this is so adorable!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is adorable!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Yee-haw Laurel, you're quick - and what a great effect - I love it!! I'm green with envy now, as two days have passed and I still have no time to spend on card making... how I hate weekends sometimes! lol

~amy~ said...

Oh soooo cute...guess what? I did the CP sketch with Girl friday too...LOL...great minds think alike:)

Jess said...

Such a cute card! Those bows are a great touch!

Sara said...

awww, how cute!!!

Dora said...

Wonderful work with the sketch girl!

PiAnka said...

It's a really wonderfull card!

Donna said...

Super sweet little card and beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Jeanne said...

Super duper cute! Love that image and your use of the papers. I also love those button flowers in the color inspiration image! Wow!

yyam said...

This is super cute Laurel! Love the image and the papers you used! :)

Unknown said...

Darling card, that image is so very fun!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Laurel, your cards are always so darn cute! Great ribbon detail! :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Very cute card, Laurel! Great job with the colourQ challenge colors!

Kathy said...

Congrats on your super six win at Card Patterns. I love the card and the soft colors :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Congrats on making the Super 6!!! Super cute with great colors!

Cindy Lee said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on your super six win over at Card Patterns!! Your card is so adorable!!

01 09 10