Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just be yourself

The sketch this week from Sweet Sunday:
The Color Challenge from Design Dollies:

 Tenia's Jazzy Paper Designs challenge.  I have wanted to play with the last couple of challenges but just didn't.  I wanted to make something with lot of text like this:


For my card I used my new Hexagon-A-Thon from Schlosser Designs, so many uses for this fabulous stamp set, but I used it for the obvious!  I paired it with some October Afternoon paper and die cut along with some Jillibean soup paper and stickers.  I got the ribbon from Courtney's store, it is some yummy May Arts ribbon.  Lots of sewing here so I will enter it in the Fab'N'Funky challenge - technique as you all know how much I like my sewing!


17 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh my that is so adorable, love it!!

Dora said...

I think this rocks! Great work!

Leah l'Orange said...

why, Laurel, dahlink, this is SO cute! i love the layers and that font! your stitching adds just the perfect touch of whimsy. i love this card, girl!

thanks for joining us again at Design Dollies! :) we love having you!

Alanna said...

Wow Laurel, I love the look of the honey comb. Super cute.

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Laurel!

Jeanne said...

Excellent work, Laurel! It works together perfectly!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love it...great job combining challenges...good grief, I pat myself on the back if I can squeeze 2 into 1 card..yes, 2:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card there lady!! Long time no see....lol!!! So glad that you joined us in the Jazzy Paper Designs challenge this week!!!

-t

Beth aka BR-T said...

Awesome job! Beth

Ginny said...

great interpretation of the challenges, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Lou Sims said...

Georgeous - great favourite technique to have too. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab'n'Funky" challenges.

Lou
x

Unknown said...

Laurel this is SO cute!!! I love the hive paper and the lil bee! Super! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

laterg8r said...

so cute, love those honeycombs :D

Jennifer said...

look at all that wonderful stitching! Great job and wonderful colors! Thanks for playing with Jazzy this week!

Jennifer L.

Carolyn said...

Very Creative with the bee & honeycomb! Love it!!

Bee related.... My hubby lost all 3of his hives this winter.

Janice said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and that ribbon is great! Thanks for joinig Jazzy Paper this week!

Betty J Schaub said...

this card is really buzzin'! Love it!
TFP
Jazzy's Paper Designs Design Team Member

01 09 10