Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thanks so Much

The sketch this week from Our Creative Corner:
For my card I incorporated a couple of challenges: The Pink Elephant - incorporate green; Poppy Paperie - to include a stamped image, gems and light yellow and the CAS challenge on SCS - square card and the Papertake Weekly challenge - I have a bow and some bling.

I was so lucky as my Scrap-Mart DT kit was so full of gorgeous goodies: American Crafts (Botanique) - beautiful!  The background pink paper is American Crafts (I Do) and the Stamps are from Unity - The Artist in You and also from the March KOTM.  Be sure to hop over to Scrap-Mart to see all the fun stuff that has arrived and is still arriving!


Now on a completely different theme!  I used the Oh, Alice sketch again.

 
The challenge this week on the Sassy Studio Design blog is to use this picture as inspiration.
  

 I chose the Sassy Mad Hatter to use as I think she fits both challenges perfectly!  The hat is cut with my Cricut (Paper Dolls Dress Up).  The Sassy is colored with copics and mounted on foam tape.  The sentiment is from PTI.  The paper is from Bo Bunny
 

24 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love, love, love your first card, Laurel! It's gorgeous!

The second one is neat, too. I like how you incorporated the hat and your sassy girl. That inspiration picture though, gives me the heebie jeebies. LOL

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are super Laurel!!! It's fun to see 2 totally different cards....you rocked them both!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful cards, Laurel! The first one really caught my eye. Gorgeous!!

Alanna said...

Both cards are so different but so great. I especially love the softness of the first one.

Dora said...

How can you make such different cards, gorgeous work!

Karla Kroese said...

That first card is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

Both cards are great, but I especially lov ethe first one - gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Okay, your mad hatter card is to die for. Doesn't that photo and the Alice in Wonderland ads just make you NEED to see the movie? I think it will be visually delectible!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow that first card is breath taking and look at how versatile you are! That second one is so fun!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, these are so different, but equally fabulous!

(-: Heidi

Carolyn said...

They are both very nice, but i love the first one! The words in the circle!

Rose said...

WOW WOW WOW!! you rocked all the challenges girl :) your OCC one is BEAUTIFUL and what yummy ribbon!!! i can't wait until the Mad Hatter movie comes out :)

Rose said...

Awesome cards! You have been a busy girl!

Sparkplug17 said...

What lovely cards!

Bananastamper said...

The first is beautiful, the second so fun! Love that big hat!
Shanna :)

Betty J Schaub said...

WOWZA! Stunning!

Sarah said...

I agree with Jeanne..I am a HUGE Johnny Depp fan but that picture of him just freaks me out! LOVE both cards.

Trudi said...

Very pretty cards Laurel! Love the pink and green combo! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW Gorgeous cards I especialy love the alice themed one!
Thanks so much for joining oh alice challenges.
Kristy x

Thanks also for joining TPE.
K

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love your wonderland card I just happened upon than crazy challenge sight the other day!

Annie said...

Both cards are really stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

Lots of eye candy to look at here this week! Great job with all your crafty items. I had fun looking around!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Laurel! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome cards, Laurel! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs!
Sharon

01 09 10