Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Best Teachers

I couldn't help myself but do another post today, please scroll down for the Shirley's 2 Girls post - I did a fun notebook and also for Sparkle Creations Sneak Peek - looks like it is a 'school' type of day today!


The sketch from Unscripted Sketches, which I flipped.


Of course being a teacher I love so many school related products and I just have to make something with them.  I used the School Papers from My Grafico along with some new The Cutting Cafe Images.  The images are from the new set called All About School and From the Teacher.  I made a little notepad set to give to my 'Big Buddy' - she teaches grade 3 and once a week our classes get together to work on a project together.  I didn't color in the apples on the notepad, but I know she will!


I know it is hard to read in the picture but the apple says "The best teachers teach from the heart not from the book" and my Big Buddy does just that!

Inside.  I just printed off a bunch of the papers, trimmed and stuck together with 2 sided tape (placed another paper over top and folded to back to adhere to the notepad.

15 comments:

Regina Easter said...

okay so like this is fab...how did you adhere it together or how are you putting it together..on a ring or binding? i love this

Jenny said...

Sooo cute, love this!! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

LOVE this!

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute Laurel! Love the teacher card. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurel:)
I love your fab book,great design TFS
Have a fab weekend:)x

Marcy said...

Oh, I love this. It is really super adorable! Thanks for playing along with US this week.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!

Cindy Lee said...

I just love this!

dstandard said...

WOW awesome! Love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!

Romaine said...

This i so cute!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love this! So adorable :)

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is so cute, I just love a "school" theme. Great use of the Unscripted sketch too, sure glad you played along.

Dora said...

This is beautiful look at the apples, great work!

Jeanne said...

Excellent project, Laurel. Your Big Buddy is sure to love it!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Soooo sweet! Such a thoughtful idea :>)

01 09 10