Thursday, August 19, 2010

A few cards and several challenges!

This is my second post for today please scroll down to see my Twisted Thursday creation.  I took a break from chores and went to play again.

I haven't played with the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger for awhile and this one is so not colors I normally work with that I had to challenge myself.

It also gave me a chance to dig into some CTMH paper and brads I had for awhile and not used, and to dust off the Cuttlebug Folders, hehehe!  The stamps are from PTI.

The sketch challenge from Stamping 411:
The color combo from SPCC:

I decided to keep playing with the paper while I had it out.  All supplies are from CTMH except the ribbon and button (PTI).

The sketch this week from Our Creative Corner: I haven't played there in awhile either, miss them!


Another challenge I haven't done in awhile is the Embellish challenge and since I was using the darker versions of these colors I decided to try this pastel version.

I used some of my favorite PTI paper along with this cutie Dog from Meljen's Designs.  Meljen's has a challenge this week too, to use brown, teal and orange - I hope that this toned down version counts?!  This is also for the Wildflower Wednesday challenge - polka dots. 



16 comments:

Alanna said...

All are fabulous and I especially love the little guy on the last card. Super cute.

laterg8r said...

such great cards - love the toned down look :D

Unknown said...

Laruel,
All of your cards are incredible!! I love the colors and especially the little doggie! So precious!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Tiffany Heilman said...

super cute cards. I esp love the one for the trigger challenge - so technique...love it!

Tiffany Heilman said...

super cute cards. I esp love the one for the trigger challenge - so technique...love it!

Rose said...

we miss you to Laurel !!!! super cute baby card :) thanks for joining us on the OCCSC

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow where do I start I love the metallic wash on the first card it's awesome! The paper pieced pup is too cute! Beth

Dora said...

The last ine is too cute, but I love the first one with the natural colors.

farmhouse-story said...

great cards-LOVE that puppy!

Alison H said...

Great cards and projects! Love that puppy!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful projects! I LOVE your puppy card! The muted colors are perfect and the patterned paper is really great! Awesome job!
Thanks so much for joining us in our color challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Laurel! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing with MelJens this week:)

Traveling Mama said...

Looks like you've been busy! I love the card you made for Embellish! It really is so cute and quirky!! Thanks for playing along! Hugs!

Charlene Austin said...

This is ADORABLE!!

I just noticed that you design for Sandy at Scrap Shotz. Does this mean you live in Calgary? Not that you'd have to since she's on-line. Anywho....just thought I'd say Hi and Thanks for playing!

Nicole said...

Congratulations, Laurel! You have been picked as one of the TOP FIVE entries at Meljen's Designs! Be sure to go grab your badge and display it proudly on your blog! Thanks for playing along and I hope you play again in this week's birthday challenge!!

Happy Crafting,
Nicole
Meljen's Designs Design Team Coordinator

01 09 10