Tuesday, January 3, 2012

As I Remember It


I didn't have a post scheduled for tomorrow so I went to my craft room to whip something up.  Usually that means a card but after making and submitting 19 of them (and making some for DT assignments on top of that) the last few days I was carded out!

I used this sketch from Studio Calico:

I also played along with the City Crafter Challenge - to include a date.  One of my December Activity Advent Calendar was for my girls to write down their ten favorite memories of 2011.  I used a Cutting Cafe Journaling Card from the Jot it Down set for them to write it on, I then scanned it and printed it out on some pattern paper.  I love that it included her handwriting. I used the Farmhouse Collection from Crate Paper along with some May Arts Jute Twine and some SRM Stickers.  The pennants are cut with my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  Now so happy with this and that it came together in about an hour!  This is also for the Cricut Circle Blog Monthly challenge




ETA This layout made the Top 3 at Two Peas!  


15 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How pretty, I love how the different DP come together so well, just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Sabrina said...

oh, I love the sketch! You did a wonderful job on your creation!! I think I might like to try out this sketch. Thank you for sharing!

Céline Navarro said...

very beautiful layout and nice inspiration from the sketch! :)

Ros said...

What a fabulous page ... I love all the details and the banner ... the clock is the finishing touch ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Anonymous said...

It amazes me you can just whip up a layout and it turns out this fabulous. Love it.

Katie said...

Great layout!!! I love the idea of having them write down their favorite moments!

Mara Campbell said...

Lovely layout!! I love the colors and those fun banners!

Angi Barrs said...

I love those pennants. Super adorable page. :)

g said...

It just couldn't be prettier. :) Gorgeous work.

g

papertrails leaver said...

this is such an incredible layout with the banners and the the stickers! Great LO Laurel!

Dora said...

This is a beautiful lo!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Ooooh I love this! Definitely deserved the top 3 spot at 2peas!

farmhouse-story said...

a big congrats!! its darling!

cnelson said...

So FAB!!! Could not LOVE this more!!

Unknown said...

Your page looks look amazing.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

01 09 10