Sunday, January 1, 2012

Give it a Whirl

Well I had a great weekend and am slowly prepping myself for back to work on Tuesday.  The mojo was really flowing for me this weekend.  I managed to make 17 cards for submissions!  Now crossing my fingers that some get picked up!

I enjoyed making my rainbow card the other day for DYSU and decided to put more of those scraps to good use.  I used the die and stamp set from My Favorite Things along with the PTI cloud die and woodgrain embossing plate.  I really liked how my twine wrapped branch turned out on this card so I decided to wrap the stick of the pinwheel with some Honeydew Twine from The Twiney.

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is magnificent!!!

*Alison* said...

I LOVE this.. so stinkin cute! :) the colors are perfect! hugs

Carla said...

AWESOME card!!! Love it!

Karen B. said...

So bright and happy!

Jaclyn Miller said...

{clapping wildly} Awesome and makes me so happy!

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fresh and fun. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

What a fun, summery card. Do you ever sleep, girl? I cannot believe all that you get done!

WencheP said...

This is awesome. So cool! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Ren-Yi said...

Happy new year, Laurel. I love the fun wheel. It looks fantastic and great use of twine. Superb fun card to start the year :) Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Jamie Harder said...

Wow...17 cards...you are amazing!!! This card is FANTASTIC. It makes me happy just looking at it!!!

Mary Jo said...

Oh this is so bright and fun!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic! Love the rainbow of colors and twine! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute card--LOVE the pinwheel and the twine wrapped bottom!!!

Jan Garber said...

What a fantastic, eye-catching card! Love the pinwheel! Thanks for joining us at DYSU and good luck!

Audrey Pettit said...

17 cards??? Holy Crow, girl! Keeping my fingers crossed that they ALL get picked up! Love your pinwheel. Just makes me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

love that pinwheel... such a happy card.

Unknown said...

What great fun

kitten - DYSU team

Charlene Austin said...

Ohhhh I love this card! I was soooo close to ordering that die on my last order but changed my mind. {{kicking myself now!!}}

01 09 10