Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We Finally Meet

I was very tired after work today.  Yesterday it POURED rain all day and our fire alarm went off at school... outside for 40 minutes with a class full of little ones who have no coats on, it is pouring and they are cold.  Other than that they were in all day.  Today it POURED and was very windy... another in day... makes for a tired teacher ;) Then, I got some disappointing email tonight... I was going to wallow in it but I decided to head to my scrap room as I always feel better after playing a bit.

I used this fun sketch from Liz Qualman, I always love her sketches and her work.


I used some more of my stash, yay!  I used my Apple Cheddar Soup by Jillibean Soup for this layout of me meeting my cousin for the first time... hence the 'family tree' kind of theme ;)  I have also used some Caribbean Twine, available at Ribbon Carousel.  The date sticker is from SRM Stickers.


A close up of one of the die cuts, I wrapped it with twine before mounting the center part on some Pop Glue Dots.

Another close up.


There, an hour later and I feel much better... but I do feel ready for bed though.

12 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Nothing like some therapeutic scrapbooking!!! Your page turned out FABULOUS!!! Love the "tree" theme:-)

Liz said...

It's perfect in every way Laurel! The funny thing about when I make a page to go with my sketches is that I always like other people's versions better - LOL. You rocked it. Sorry to hear bout your tiring day and your email. Hope you perked up a bit in the scraproom :)

Christine said...

This layout is one of my favorites of yours, so many cute details!

TesaB said...

Gorgeous page of a lovely memory. Yummy Jillibean Soup! Love what you did with the twine!

Carla said...

Great layout Laurel! Scrapbooking always cheers me up when I've had a bad day!!

yyam said...

Sorry to hear about your tiring day...Hope a good night's sleep fixes that!

I love this beautiful layout! Fun details, especially with the twine! :)

Katie said...

Fabulous come back from the disappointing email! I need to follow suit. :) Love all the little touches of whimsy on this page.

1CardCreator said...

Love the layout Laurel!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

beautiful layout! looks so sweet :) always love the way u use twine :)

Unknown said...

Fun colors and I love how you left the middle in your "O".

Annette Allen said...

awesome page layout...

farmhouse-story said...

this page is adorable, laurel! so sorry about the email.

01 09 10