Monday, October 1, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall


The new challenge is up at Lessology and this month we are challenging you to use mirrors. 

Our sponsor this month is Spellbinders! The case is being donated by one of our DT Members! What a great prize is up for grabs so be sure to play along!


Be sure to visit the Spellbinder's blog for some fabulous inspiration!

Now onto my project.  I am very excited about my mirror project for you today.  I picked up this old cabinet for about $10 at a thrift shop.  The glass doors did not slide well so I took them off.  I then repainted it in a nice dark walnut color...although the shabby lover in me wants to do a bit of distressing to it (hubby is not one for the distressed look so since this is our 'bar' cabinet - which is mostly for him... I made it to be more of a modern look...still though...)  Anyhow to finish it off, I had an old cheap mirror laying around that I knew one day would be good for something.  I had it cut to fit the back of the cabinet.  I love how classy this looks and really shows off our items nicely.  Such and inexpensive home decor item.






10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great job on this cabinet. Gotta love when it all works out so well.

Saw a layout by you on Page Maps. Congrats! Your daughter is a cutie for sure!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This looks soooooooooooooooo AWESOME!!! I love it!!!

1CardCreator said...

Great idea Laurel and I love hoe it showcases those glasses too. Sorry I have missed a few posts, but I am glad to be back enjoying your work again.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is one great job you done with that cabinet and mirror Laurel!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie! Love this project - you are sooooo creative!
Hugs!

Annette Allen said...

awesome cabinet and great price..

~amy~ said...

awesome project! Looks fab.

Unknown said...

great deal on a great piece. love the mirrored panel

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, that is fabulous!!

bonnie said...

Oh I just love what you do with your finds!! Hugs x

01 09 10