Friday, November 15, 2013

Daily Quote Advent Calendar

I am up on the My Mind's Eye Blog today with this fun recycyling project.

 I was given this clear box by a friend of mine and I knew I would be able to use it one day.  I decided to use it and make a little gift for her.


 I dug into my scraps of white cardstock and Mistletoe Magic and create a fun little Advent calendar. I cut scraps of white cardstock and pattern paper to 2 1/4 X 2 1/4" then just went to work layering bits and pieces of paper, stickers, chipboard, brads and twine to create the fronts.


I used some of the Washi Tape to decorate little mini clothes pins.

I stamped little definitions/activities on the white cardstock using the Advent Stamp set from Unity.  The idea is to turn over one card a day and either just think about the quote or do the activity.  

I will give this to my friend just before December 1st. I hope she likes it, and I wonder if she will remember giving me the clear container! 

I am playing along with the Friends With Flair over at Unity.

For more photos and descriptions see the My Mind's Eye Blog.

26 comments:

Kris said...

Great project. Love that you used both advent kits. Those little definitions are the best.

Rachel B said...

What a very very neat project! I love everything about it! The clothes pins, the paper, the sentiments! So fun!

Rose said...

this is so awesome!!! she is sure to love it :)

Miwa said...

What a wonderful project - love the idea of the quotes/sentiments on the back. AWESOME!

Alanna said...

If this isn't the coolest advent calendar ever? I'm sure your friend is going to love this.

Ruby said...

WOW This is an amazing project. I love it.

1CardCreator said...

Love this idea for an Advent calendar too, really fabulous project your friend will truly adore! ~Diane

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift. I love the idea flipping the calender days over to show an activity of the day. I'm sure your friend will love the gift.

Sarah said...

This is such a great heartfelt project! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!!!

Gaylynn said...

This is a great advent calendar, especially with the storage gift box. Quotes are perfect for this, I think. :)

loulou said...

What a great idea for an advent calendar. Great recycling too.

Emily said...

Amazing idea!!!!

Bananastamper said...

Such a fun project! I am sure your friend will adore it!
Happy Weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just saw this over on MME and JUST LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it!! So gorgeous!!!!!!

Marsha said...

Wow, that is a great project. Love the washi clothespins!

Cynthia said...

Great project, Laurel. Thanks for sharing!

LisaM said...

Awesome idea! Love it!

Nicole said...

What a great project! You are always a great inspiration!!

Angeline Choo said...

I saw this project on Unity FB page and this is an awesome idea!! Love the advent banner.

JPScraps said...

Awesome! It's such a great idea!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is awesome Laurel! Such a fun project!

~amy~ said...

Laurel, this is amazing!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yikes! That is one amazing project!

Julie Odil said...

This is amazing! What a gift of love for your friend!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

what a great project! You'll get to enjoy it all season long

Rachel said...

i looove this advent!! its gorgeous and the package is so pretty
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

01 09 10