Monday, November 25, 2013

Up Cycled and Altered Wooden Ice Skates

I have another Echo Park project to share today.  I picked up these wooden skates at a thrift store for next to nothing, they were already basecoated and the perfect colors to go with the Let it Snow Mini Theme collection!  I think this was one of the easiest altered art/up cycled pieces I have done.  I traced around the skate onto the pattern paper, cut it out, stitched around the edge, adhered and embellished with stickers and twine, easy, peesy!  The Twine is from Divine Twine.



10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh these are awesome!!! I love love love them!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love this cute upcycled project Laurel, and that snowman is too cute!

Jeanne said...

Fantastically wonderful project, Laurel. You sure find some neat treasures at your thrift stores. How cool are these skates? Then you dress them up wonderfully. Excellent work! That snowman makes me smile. :)

Angi Barrs said...

WOW!!!! Love these!

Unknown said...

So cute. I love the detail of the stitching around the edges! It's the perfect touch.

Jay Gee said...

These turned out so amazing Laurel!

Annette Allen said...

you are just so creative.. this is fun..

yyam said...

Awww....this is adorable!

~amy~ said...

serious cuteness.

Bananastamper said...

TOO cute!!! Glad to hear the mojo is back and that things are looking up!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

01 09 10