Monday, May 19, 2014

Busy, busy, busy!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Thursday!  I seem to be so busy lately and crafting is way down on the priority list.  I had hoped to get a lot done this weekend but this happened:

We got a new dog. Last summer we had to put our 3 year old dog down as he was sick and we did everything we could for him.  The time was right for another dog so we looked at the SPCA for a rescue dog.  This guy was perfect.  Ringo is about 1 1/2 and VERY happy, friendly and good.  He is a perfect fit.  Needless to say we have been preoccupied!

I did manage to squeak out this card, after completing some Design Team projects.  I used the new Wood Necessities and some Now & Then by My Mind's Eye.  I also used a Kerri Bradford Cut File.

I am playing along with this fun sketch at Wanna Sketch:

And the color challenge at Color Q:


12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Seems like the summer time does get busy.. your new dog is too cute.. love his name..

love your card.

Lesley said...

I love him!!! Congrats!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm so happy to hear that Ringo has found a loving home! I'm sure you are both very lucky! :)

And what a fantastic card this is! I love all the detail and your great collage layout. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Lisa Arana said...

Aw, welcome home Ringo!!! So excited for all of you.

You ROCKED that sketch. LOVE every little bit of hidden treats. Thank you so much for playing along sweets, you totally made my day!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great layering on your card Laurel, and the new doggie is a cutie!!

Bananastamper said...

Oh, what a beautiful boy! Looks like you sure will be busy!
Love all the fun extras on your card. Hope your weekend was fabulous!
Shanna :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

He is ADORABLE!! And I loveeeeeeeeee your card! Gorgeous colors!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I'm SO happy for you! Ringo is adorable! He does look like such a sweet and happy pup!
And your card is adorable, as always! I love the sentiment. Fabulous words and I really like the mix of elements you used to build it. The map paper works so perfectly here. Love the little stars, too!

Jeanne said...

Congrats on your new family member. What a cutie! Have fun with him. Your card is terrific. Always love that you add lots of interesting details on the card sized canvas.

Unknown said...

What a perfect card for graduation!

~amy~ said...

Yay for Ringo (love that name!)....awesome card, I love everything!

Unknown said...

Ringo is gorgeous! I love his floppy ears :)

Your card is awesome. I love how the layers hang over the edge. Great color scheme too.

01 09 10