Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pen Pals just because cards

What else does one do on a rainy day when hubby is downloading music and everyone else is napping!  You go and play in your scraproom right?!

That is what I did and it felt good to play.  I dug out my Pen Pals collection by Pink Paislee.  I actually wanted to play with Bella Rouge... but I need to hoard that one for a bit longer ;)


First up is this card.  I used the MFT pocket die to create this fun, just because card.  The 'smile' is cut with my Silhouette.

I was inspired by this sketch at the MFT Challenge Blog.

Next up another just because card.  I used a little 'hi' blueprints die from MFT and the envelope die is from Wplus9.

I was inspired by the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

I am also playing along with the Curtain Call inspiration.  I was inspired by the colors.

13 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the sketch! I love the layers and patterns. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Annette Allen said...

awesome cards.. love that collection you used..

Ashley Horton said...

These are really cute Laurel! Great use of the Pink Paislee!!

Bananastamper said...

Hooray for scrappy/stampy play time! I am in love with PenPals and actually just opened up my paper pad yesterday - so fun! Loving all the fun little details!
Happy Weekend!

Jeanne said...

Happy you got to play, I have a feeling that time has been in short supply for you these days. You've got someone else to distract you, for sure. :) These cards are signature Laurel style, which also means they look fabulous!

Jill said...

You got the layer thing down! So cool! Digging this card too!! :) rockin the sketch!

~amy~ said...

Love what you've done!
Have it been windy, rainy and stormy for you guys too?

Cindy Lovell said...

Laurel,both of these cards are so beautiful!! Awesome layering and i love the papers!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Laurel I love the awesome detail of both of these cards! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just gorgeous! I'm loving all the details you've added to your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! I LOVE all the fun layers on this card and the beautiful colors you used!!

Susan R. Opel said...

Hi Laurel! I'm so excited to see you participate in the MFT sketch! You have such a knack with patterned paper and all the goodies that go with it!

Becca Sadler said...

I enjoy seeing the variety of paper stock in your inventory!--Both cards are charming!

01 09 10