Monday, January 25, 2016

A masculine celebration

Hi everyone, it is time for a new challenge over at The Challenge:


When I saw the inspiration I immediately thought of the new


I just choose some papers and items from the collection that were masculine and had colors similiar to the inspiration.  Some simple layering using the Scrapbook Adesives E-Z Runner and 3D foam squares and the card was complete.

It can be used for many occasions, which is how I try to make the majority of my cards.


The sentiment die is from Papertrey Ink.

Be sure to pop on over to The Challenge to see the rest of the creations.




11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great masculine card! Getting back into cardmaking again. Its been fun to see your creations.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Laurel! I absolutely love nautical designs, and your layering and papers and colors is completely perfect here!

Shelly said...

Oooh, awesome card!!

Annette Allen said...

totally cute card..

Diane Jaquay said...

This card is pure awesomeness, Laurel! Your ability to layer cards is outstanding!

Lori said...

Great masculine design! Love how the woodgrain frame brings in the distressed feel of the inspiration photo.

Jeanne said...

Fantastic masculine card. You have a magical touch when it comes to working with several different pattern papers and getting them to play well together! :) The boat focal image looks great behind that neat looking sentiment. The string behind it adds just the right something, something touch. Excellent work!

~amy~ said...

Laurel, this is gorgeous!!!!!!! I'm smitten with the nautical theme.

Notes by Nina said...

I do love all those fabulous layers, fantastic take on the challenge.

Becca Sadler said...

Nifty neat nautical 'nspiration!!!!!

Nance said...

I've been neglecting my teamies and missing out on visiting blogs! This is amazing, Laurel! Love the way you paired everything together!

01 09 10