Friday, January 8, 2016

Time for Tea and Lemonade

I played with some Pink Paislee tonight.  We have had a wonderful winter so far, but there is something about a new year that makes me look so forward to spring.  These colors just say spring to me.

I used the Citrus Bliss collection.


For this first card I used some MFT stamps (Mason Jar Labels) and dies (Mason Jar Die), to create this cool, lemonade themed card.  I fussy cut the lemons from some of the pattern paper and I layered a vellum mug over some of the lemon pattern paper.  The ink is a Donna Salazar Mixed Media ink.  I mounted the mug and the lemons on 3D Foam Squares by Scrapbook Adhesives.


I am playing along with the Little Red Wagon challenge - Thank You and I was inspired by both the photo and the sketch from Fusion.


Next up a tea themed card.  I like the text background paper, everthing about it just makes me think about sitting out in a garden drinking some tea on a warm spring day so that is where the idea for the card came from.  The stamps are from The Ton (Hug in a Mug) and the die is from Papertrey Ink - Wet Paint Cuts. I did make the lid of the tea pot 3d by using some 3D foam squares.


Playing along with the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches:

10 comments:

Michelle said...

What awesome cards, Laurel! They're fun and pretty and I love them! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

sandie said...

Gorgeous Spring card, love the layering. Thanks for joining Fusion x

Jeanne said...

So pretty! I like the spring colors. It's nice to see color and not just the white and brown that is what we are seeing in my neck of the woods. :) I really like the tea theme! Great job!

Kim S said...

I so love how you have used the sketch. The text on the printed paper, the pop of yellow patterns and the cute top-down images - all combine for a truly sweet card. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Pink and yellow...be still my heart!

Becca Sadler said...

Have you heard the expression "pucker up buttercup!"? Well, lemons always get me thinking about their sour/tanginess and how it causes your mouth to tighten up. But there is NOTHING sour about either of these beverage themed cards! Kudos for doing a great job putting your own spin to the sketches!

Karren said...

Fabulous cards! The patterned papers are gorgeous and work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and Fusion Card Challenge.

M said...

Love your cards!! Great colour combos. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon! :)

Julia Aston said...

Two light and airy designs - what fun new stamps! thanks for joining us in the Fusion 2nd anniversary challenge! Julia xx

Lyndal said...

FABulous layers Laurel! So glad you joined in the anniversary fun @ FUSION!

01 09 10