Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spring Themed Card Trio

I am up on the Scrapbook Adhesives Blog today with a set of cards.

I was so disappointed when so many of my favorite craft magazines went digital.
One thing though since they did....
is that I 'can' use old papers.
I used some Yippee papers by Chickaniddy Crafts
which I absolutely love!


I wanted to play along with some challenges and that I did.
I love the feel of adding the Chicken Wire die when there is a great woodgrain paper.
I think in a previous life I lived on a farm because anything like this just makes my heart happy :)

I used the sketch from the As You See It Challenge:


Next up basically a flip of the sketch.
For this card I die cut a butterfly and topped it with a fussy cut sentiment.
Of course used that background die again.


I played along with the Crazy 4 Challenges sketch:


Finally, when I saw all those pretty scraps,
I knew which sketch I was going to use :)
I love how this card turned out!


I used the sketch from this week's Retro Sketches challenge:


Products Used:
paper: Chickaniddy Crafts
Dies: My Favorite Things; Simon Says
Twine: Divine Twine
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives.


9 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful cards!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I really like you cards and the fun cluster you made on the last one! Great job!

Annette Allen said...

pretty card set

Jeanne said...

An absolutely wonderful trio of cards that exude the beauty of spring. Soft, delicate and strong! I'm partial to the butterfly one, because butterflies are my "squirrel!", but really they are all amazing looking. Gosh. love those papers. Thanks for sharing!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AYSI, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heather Cooper said...

I absolutely love that chicken wire die cut over the wood grain background and the combination of the rustic wood with the cheerful colours of your paper. A great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenges this week.

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! I love the colors, the pattern paper and that chicken wire. I can't get over how these work so perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

Mopheaded1 said...

I love your cards! The are feminine but kind of rustic! They are also like a mixed media! Love!!

Becca Sadler said...

Laurel: You've created a trio of pastel beauties that look terrific!

01 09 10