Thursday, November 23, 2017

Deck the Halls with Christmas Sweaters

I received some new SU! goodies today and had to play with them!

It seems that to be a member of our staff at school.... Christmas sweaters are a must so I had to have the Christmas Sweaters stamp set as I will use it to create cards for a couple of my friends on staff.  I paired it with the Be Merry paper collection... because, well... green, red and white to me, make the perfect Christmas sweater ;)


For some interest on the white paper, I embossed it with the Pinewood Plank embossing folder (the Cable Knit one would have worked here as well - and guess what... on SALE now!).  There is just something about woodgrain.  The I also got the Scallop Tag Topper and had to use it as well.  Fun! Now to make it like a real Christmas sweater, I added a pom pom and chunky glitter to the hat.


Playing along with:

The sketch is from Try Stampin' on Tuesdays


And once again, playing along with Merry Monday:










11 comments:

Donna said...

What a cute card! Love the patterns of paper you used. Great card!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your sweater Laurel and all your design elements. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Jeanne said...

Looks great, Laurel! How fun that you and your friends wear Christmas sweaters. I would so do that, too, if I could. Your card looks fabulous! Lots of color and patterns and they all play so well together. You are the queen of getting that to happen. :)

Nancy said...

Very creative and love the sentiment too! Love the stitched design also! Super Holiday card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is SUPER DUPER adorable!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What an adorable Card and I love your patterned paper combo as well. Thank you for joining us over at Merry Monday Challenge.

Jan said...

Such a super cute card Laurel! Your Santa sweater is adorable and I love how you've given him a little extra sparkle too! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Colleen said...

This is so clever and you paired the sweater up with so many fun elements that just make it a very festive card! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

PJ said...

Cute card. The sweater is so festive, and sparkly.

KimB said...

The Christmas sweaters are certainly unique. I love how you paper pieced the Santa and then added some extra white fluffy sparkle to his hat. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week and sharing this lovely Christmas card!

Donna Scholz said...

Cute Christmas sweater card, Laurel! When I saw the SU sweater stamp set, I couldn't imagine how I would use it... but your card is PERFECT for it! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

01 09 10