Saturday, November 18, 2017

Upcycled December Activity Advent Tin


Today I have a fun project to share.  I have a passion for upcycling and I love giving gifts and Christmas so I have combined all of those passions here today :)

I created a December Advent kit for my daughter and grand daughter (who is already 3 - where does the time go?!)  Anyways.  I thought it would be fun to include some crafts/activities for each day of December leading up to Christmas.  My daughter has always loved my advents -she especially loved the activity one I did HERE (wow, 6 years ago!) so I am sure she is going to love this one that her and her little one can do.

I first spray painted a thrift store metal lunch box.  Then I pulled out my Holly Jolly collection by Bella Blvd and played.


To create the tags.  I used the Mugs & Kisses and Santa's Gift Tag by SugarPea Designs.

The North Pole Sign is a stamp and die set from Hero Arts.  The striped paper worked well for the pole don't you think?

The trees in the background are cut from patterned paper with the Oh Christmas Trees die from MFT.


I then fussy cut the Santa and Snowman from the pattern paper.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions from the North Pole.  The main images are mounted on foam squares for some dimension.  I also added some glitter to the snow... I know my grand daughter will love that as what little girl doesn't like a little bling ;)


Now here is a peek at some of the things I am tucking inside.  Included: gift cards to Starbucks, gift card to our local kids play cafe, gift card for free swimming, also Christmas sticker books, stories, Jamberry nail wraps and lacquer, chocolates and molds, hot chocolate, card games and of course lots of different crafting/activitiy things.  (I will give the chocolate and such to my daughter separately as I know it will kill my grand daughter not to be able to eat the whole bag right away! LOL)

Just a little more upcycling.  I have had these tubes around for a few years.  They are tubes that my My Mind's Eye washi tapes came in and I always save them.  (I created a valentine themed gift from them HERE  I have covered the stickers with pattern paper.  Inside are some beads as my grand daughter loves beading onto pipe cleaners so red and white beads = candy canes :)

I had a lot of fun creating this little gift and can't wait to give it to them :) 

Be sure to click on photos for the products:
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/SugarPea-Designs-SANTAS-GIFT-TAG-Clear-Stamp-Set-SPD00091-SPD00091?currency=USD

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/SugarPea-Designs-MUGS-and-KISSES-Clear-Stamp-Set-SPD-00255-SPD00255?currency=USD

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Hero-Arts-Stamp-And-Cuts-NORTH-POLE-SIGN-DC222-DC222HA?currency=USD

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/My-Favorite-Things-OH-CHRISTMAS-TREES-Die-Namics-MFT996-OMFT996?currency=USD

https://www.tayloredexpressions.com/stamps/holidays/christmas/from-the-north-pole.html



2 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is super cute! What a fun idea!

Jeanne said...

This is fantastic, Laurel! What a lot of love you packed into that lunch tin. Oh my goodness! Super idea that both your daughter and granddaughter will be able to enjoy together. :)

01 09 10