Wednesday, December 6, 2017

City Sidewalks....

The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches made me think of a shaker box and since it has been awhile since I created a shaker card, I figured it was time.  I used the Holiday Hustle by Fancy Pants.  I thought the snowflake background paper worked well for the theme.


I used the Basic Rectangle dies from Simon Says to create a layered frame.   Once I made the shaker box, I just layered on some of the die cuts in the Holiday Hustle collection and then finished it off with some vellum snowflakes.

Playing along with:












8 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Adorable! And the phrase taken from "Silver Bells" makes an interesting challenge idea, too.

stampwithamyk said...

What an awesome card! Love the winter scene with the shaker! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic shaker card, Laurel. I really like the all the elements you used, from the snowflake background paper, to the white and clear sequins to the vellum snowflakes on top. They all work so well together to fit the theme and create a wonderful shaker!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your sweet scene! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Linda Callahan said...

This is such a sweet scene! And I love that you made it a shaker! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the scene you've created and that shaker box! So pretty and festive! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Quillish said...

This is a gorgeous card Laurel.. Loved the addition of vellum snowflakes. Thankyou for joining us at Cupcake Challenges. Happy Holidays. Love, Ishani.

Amber said...

Such an awesome design for the Stamp Ink Paper challenge this week, Laurel! Thanks for joining us!

01 09 10