Saturday, January 13, 2018

Lots of Birthday Card goodness...

Caution.... lots of cards today!

I had some fun with the Happy Hooray collection by Pebbles.  I know you are wondering why so many birthday cards lately... ;)  I have always given a hand made card to the students in my class on their birthdays.  With my crafty mojo gone for a couple of years my cards dwindled and I didn't restock.  I actually felt bad not giving them a hand made card.  So... here I am, building my stash so that next year I can be right back at it.

Anyways, here are the 4 cards that I have created with this pack so far.



These are for the

  Simon Says Challenge: Pattern Paper



First up, I used a couple of dies from MFT.  The Tall Tag Duo made for a nice pennant to hang the main image on.



 I then cut a frame using the Birthday Circle Frame, added some die cut ephemera from the collection and mounted on foam squares.


Playing along with this week's sketch at MFT:


Next up, I just played with some of the ephemera and layered some of the paper.


I did die cut the 7 and then added to the stack of gifts.  The main image is mounted on foam squares.



Playing along with:

Sweet Stampin':  Lots of Layers

For this next one I kept it pretty clean and simple.  That striped paper, made me think of a layered rainbow cake so that is what I created.  The cake die is from SU! and is not available anymore.

I stamped and cut out the candles from the Picture Perfect stamp set from Stampin' UP! (only available for a short time... be sure to nab it... so many uses!)


I added some glitter to the cake and candle flames for some interest.  The Wish die (MFT) I kept subtle as I wanted the cake, which is mounted on foam squares to stand out.  I also mounted the inner panel on foam strips.




Playing along with:


Finally, this fun and interactive card.

That cute little dog is not mounted on foam squares but instead on some Action Wobble Springs from Simon Says.  Won't the kids have fun with that?!  :)  I know I have, LOL!

Here it is grand daughter approved :)



Playing along with:

Fab'N'Funky: Happy


Freshly Made Sketches:







Whew.... 

If you made it this far... 

Don't forget to play along with my Inspired By Challenge this week:




11 comments:

Beverly S. said...

You did a grand job on every single one of these...I couldn't pick a favorite (but the little dog on wobble springs almost won). ;) How nice for your students to get handmade cards from you....I'm sure they love them and YOU. Hope you are staying warm...I live in the south where it hardly ever stays this cold for so long. I'm having a card making, movie watching, reading and possible "nap" day!!!! ;)

Chris said...

a fabulous selection of really fun cards! Love the cheerful colours and papers!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

I Card Everyone said...

What a special way to celebrate your students, Laurel... in all my years in school I don't remember one card from a teacher... A++ to you!!!
Darling birthday cards - LOve that paper - grandmother approved!!!
=] M

stampwithamyk said...

Oh, I love them all! Fun colors and perfect designs! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Jeanne said...

This is such a bright and fun set of birthday cards, Laurel. Perfect for the students in your class. They are lucky to have such a caring teacher! I think each card is wonderful. The papers are so fun. The ephemera pieces add so much delight to the theme and your little details, including the sequins on the candle flame and the action wobbler add so much to the cards. Awesome! :)

Becca Sadler said...

These are all fun, festive, and fabulous!!! The fab 4!!! :)

Lindsey said...

Wow, what a fun assortment of bright and happy birthday cards! And really, suitable for anyone, not just kids. ;) Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, these are the CUTEST! I love the video of your granddaughter, and of course, that card is adorable! The diecuts on the others are amazing, and the slice of cake is delish! Thanks for playing with the SIP Let Them Eat Cake challenge!

Karren said...

Such a gorgeous and fun selection of cards! That little dog above the sentiment is just too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jo Nevill said...

Love your bright, cheerful and fun cards
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Sammy said...

Fab collection of cards! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

01 09 10