Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Wintertime....

Sneaking in probably one of my last winter cards... but who knows... I may do a few more.  Winter cards are some of my favorites to do.

I used the A Perfect Winter by Echo Park. Such a perfect winter collection.  I paired it up with Winter Girl by Unity (felt good to finally ink her up)Once again, using that Alpine Snowflake Band from Poppy Stamps, such a great winter die.

I paper pieced the image then mounted her on foam squares.  For some added interest I added some random stitching.



I am playing along with a few challenges with this one:

Simon Says:  New

Simon Says: Winter Blues

Little Red Wagon: Winter Wonderland

Tuesday Throwdown: Layer it Up

The colors were from the Unity Challenge:

The theme was from Paper Issues:

The sketch was from (I flipped it)


Also playing at:







Don't forget to play along with my challenge....

$25 gift certificate up for grabs :) 

Ends tomorrow night!


12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Terrific winter card. I guess pretty soon you need to move onto to Valentine cards? Winter just barely started! I like the papers you used and that paper piecing looks wonderful. You always do such a great job with layers, too. :)

Becca Sadler said...

Another fabulous/delicious creation!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Isn't she just paper pieced perfectly with those luscious bg papers! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colours and layers. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Something New Challenge. Gayatri xx

TLady said...

VERY CUTE!!!! ;) LOVE that girl stamp!!! Your compilation of all these stamps & dies turned out a FANTASTIC CARD!!! ;)

Bobby said...

You always make the most amazing paper pieced cards, Laurel. Thanks for sharing this one with us at Just Us Girls.

Terri Winske said...

Such a beautifully designed card....love the images and the papers as well as all the detail! Gorgeous colors! We are definitely still in winter in Wisconsin, so she fits perfectly with the weather here. So glad you joined us for our "Layer it Up" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Donna Scholz said...

Lovely card, Laurel! I like how you made the vertical element in the sketch to be the girl, and the roundish element the snowflake. Nicely thought out! Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

Robin said...

Wonderful layered card, Laurel! It's the perfect Snow Day! Thanks for participating in Poppystamps Snow Day Challenge!

pam said...

Beautiful winter scene you have created.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge blog.
Pam x

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Beautiful card design! Love the wintery feeling of it! Makes me want hot chocolate!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
We all hope to see you soon again!
Zoey

sansuey said...

Wow--I really love this card!

01 09 10