Monday, July 23, 2018

Mindful Monday - Fruit

Hey, I'm a little late posting as this is live crafting happening.  I'm not sure where the time goes, as I am on summer vacation but for some reason I am finding it harder to get my crafting done! LOL

What is Mindful Monday?  well... it is explained here, but in a nutshell, documenting simple things that just make us happy.  I think it is important to take the time to be mindful and just appreciate what we have, and the simple and amazing things that surround us in our daily lives.  


This week's prompt is fruit.

So... what does that mean to you?  Are you a teacher and an apple has a special place in your heart? what about grandma's apple pies?  Picking blackberries for jam with your mom? Or maybe it is pineapple because you first had it while on a tropical vacation?.....

Me... I'm cherry!


I have used Good Day Sunshine papers from Echo Park (the lemon/cherry and gingham paper had me) along with the fabulous Berry Bliss stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps.  You know I had to have the stamp set because of those cherries right?  I cut the title with my Silhouette.

Anyways onto the cherry. I absolutely love the taste of cherries. I look forward to them every summer.  I don't like canned, maraschino or even cherry pie... just the sweet, juicy fresh ones.



Perhaps it is because of the memory I have attached to them... or just the taste, either way.  I savor every cherry I have as I know, when they are gone, I have to wait a year!

My grandma had a cherry tree in her yard.  She would bring us ice cream buckets full of cherries every year.  I looked forward to it.  I remember grabbing the whole bucket and a bowl for the pits and hunkering down to eat.  My mom would say, "don't eat too many..."  I don't remember how many I ate at a time, but I love the memory that I have of cherries and my grandma.


Now I would love to hear what fruit just makes you happy and why.






No comments:

01 09 10