Thursday, October 25, 2018

Inspired By thermoses

The new Inspired By challenge is up and for me... it is such a cozy one... so many memories tied to that image!

This card is in no way how I started with the inspiration - well sort of is... I used the black and white plaid but it kind of went away after that. The thermoses reminded me of getting wood with my family when I was a child. We would all head out for the day, have a picnic with our friends while my dad and his friends cut wood. So that is where the 'forest' paper came from...

I then decided to go with a coffee/hot chocolate theme and it changed to winter :)

I used the black plaid paper from the Hello Pumpkin collection. I then mixed it with the Oh What Fun paper pack and came up with this fun card.


I cut the cup using my Silhouette and the sentiment is from the September SOTM. I then added some snowflakes using the Winter Flurries Thin Cuts, and as a final touch die cut some mittens and stitched them for interest. 


   


Now here is the inspiration photo.... come on over and play!




3 comments:

Betty Locco said...

So cute - great use of the paper packs. I love the stitched mittens.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Laurel. I really enjoyed reading about the evolution of the card and a bit of the memories it brought up for you. Thank you so much for sharing.

Becca Sadler said...

Love the story behind your winter prep treks to the woods as a kid! I'm sure there are thousands out there who can relate. Thermoses remind me of school lunch boxes back in the old days! And also how my dad always had his large thermos of coffee to go on long-distance trucking trips way back in the early 70s. Maybe I'll get a chance to play before the deadline!!!

01 09 10