Saturday, October 20, 2018

Sketchy Saturday - Finally!

Yep you read that right.... Sketchy Saturday!

It has been awhile and I had not planned on being away this long! In the summer I was away so much that I decided to take a bit of a break. Then as I was getting back into the groove... my computer crashed. It took a few weeks for the new one to arrive, then a couple more for someone to come and install it and get stuff from my old computer....

Anyways, I'm back and ready to post weekly sketches again!


For today's sketch I decided to play with the Hello Pumpkin collection once again and of course that lovely woodgrain paper from the Grateful Heart collection


I layered bits of the pattern paper, I love adding the blue with the orange and black... makes it have a 'cuter' feel don't you think? The haunted house die cut is from the Hello Pumpkin complements. I then added some of the burlap ribbon, twine and stitching for some texture. The little ghost is from the Hello Pumpkin Scrapbook stamp set. I stamped then cut him out and mounted on foam squares. I then wanted a feeling of stars in the sky so I added some little sequins. 

As a final touch I added some of the Hello Pumpkin Washi Tape to the top and bottom of the card and then over stamped it with the Stitched Border stamp


          

  

This is today's sketch for the Sparkly Inks card drive!



Now I would love to see your take on the sketch! 



3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, bummer about your computer! Glad you are back up and running again. Great sketch! Great card from the sketch. That's a happy ghostie and your paper layers look amazing. Lots of fun textures!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Laurel! I do love this card, and this sketch! Great work!

Paula said...

Laurel.... I love sketches! And I have many pinboards on Pinterest, both current and finished series, where I pin them so I can find them in one spot. I just wanted to know if it would be OK with you if I also pinned your sketches to a board of their own, which would link each pin to your blog post of course. Please let me know whether that would be alright with you or not. Thank you for consideration.

01 09 10