Sunday, November 25, 2018

Oh Christmas Tree card trio

Finally got time to play in my happy place again :) I decided to use up some of my Tis the Season scraps...

I decided to create 3 versions of basically the same card. In fact, this card, in larger scale will be my first Christmas art project with my grade ones. I do it as a non standard measurement activity then we add the doo dads to it. 

First up, I wanted to create a simple card that my card club could do when they come over in December. I just tore strips of the pattern paper of varying lengths and adhered to the card. I then stamped some stitching lines in Candy Apple using the Stitched Borders stamp set. I then just added some pearls and a gold star from the Complements pack.  Finally, I added the Falala die cut. 

Next up, the same basic process but I used actual stitching and I am determined to use up my button stash.... who am I kidding... that will never happen! LOL


For this last card, I used the Decorative Borders for the paper strips. Basically the same process but this time, I fluffed up the cuts for some interest. 







2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very fun! They look great!

Bobbie Sue McConathy said...

I always always love your creations, Laurel. These trees are magnificent! I love that you’ll be doing them with your class. 🤗

01 09 10