Friday, November 2, 2018

Warm Winter Wishes

So, did you survive Halloween? I know in the US you are prepping for Thanksgiving, but here in Canada.... we - or at least I - am working my Christmas/holiday projects.

Once again, using the Ugly Sweater stamp set, only this time, I didn't want it quite so 'ugly'. Instead I created more of a warm winter sweater. I used my card here, as inspiration. Again, I stamped on the back of the paper (Tis the Season) and cut out.  This time I stitched around the edge for some interest.

The background, very subtle and hard to see, was created with a sentiment from the September SOTM using Linen ink.  I then added some snowflakes from the Winter Flurries die.

The cup (stamped on paper from the Oh What Fun collection) and candy cane are also from the September SOTM.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment from last months constant campaign. The sweater, cup and sentiment are mounted on foam squares. 


   

 


 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Laurel. The sweater looks fabulous and I adore the snowflakes. The background stamping is fantastic. So subtle, but definitely there. All around terrific work!

Becca Sadler said...

Saw this card in Facebook and left a comment asking about if there was script on the white background paper. Should have read your post first! It is so subtle, it is almost playing tricks with my old brain! :) Another cute winter theme Christmas card!

01 09 10