Thursday, December 6, 2018

Using an envelope to create a little gift package

The new Inspired By Challenge is up and it is pretty sweet :) I was inspired to create some hot chocolate packages for my UPS, Fedex and Canada Post peeps... they work hard for me ;) Inside I have a package of hot chocolate, a candy cane, bailey's chocolate and a gift card to Tim Horton's

Thank you to Liz who shared this idea. I recycled some business envelopes into packages. Lucky for me... a local business changed owners and thus branding so they donated a ton of these such envelopes to our school so I scooped some for crafting.

Basically just seal and trim them down to 6" (save the top part for a gift card holder) - see instructions at end of post.

I have used the 'Tis the Season for my packages as I pulled out the stripes from the candy cane, the gray and the touch of blue.


The cup die is from The Stamps of Life - I love this die! I stamped sentiments from the Holiday Sparkle kit that came out earlier this season... did you manage to get one? 


I stamped the candy canes from the Tis the Season Cardmaking stamp and accented with a blue punched snowflake. Of course the Winter Flurries die made another appearance.

    

Here is how I created the pocket... I then just covered with my paper.

Hint: make the decorative panel, then adhere to the envelope :)

Now here is the inspiration photo. Pretty hey? You should see what the design team have created! Come on over and play!

And once again, playing along with:



And don't forget I have a GIVEAWAY HERE....

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awesome! Great idea for an envelope and the treat holder looks fabulous. Lucky service workers for you for sure! Great job!

Billie A said...

Fun creative gift idea. I like this idea..

LeAnne said...

What a great idea...I've made ones with smaller envelopes but I love how you used the bigger ones! All your elements are so fun together. My poor UPS man just gets some cookies in a baggie, maybe I should up my game, LOL!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful gift bags from the envelopes. Cool idea to use them for that purpose too.

~amy~ said...

What great upcycling Laurel. These are adorable!

Arianna Barbara said...

Adorable idea! I like it!!!

Hetty said...

Great gift bags.
Some people will be delishsly happy!

Laura S. said...

What a cool gift package!

Fikreta said...

so lovely gifts!

StampingbugKerry said...

A fun little bag of treats! :)

Karen Letchworth said...

These are darling, Laurel.

01 09 10