Sunday, January 20, 2019

Heart Happy Blog Hop


I am participating in the Heart Happy Blog Hop - I'm sure you can tell by now that I absolutely LOVE this collection! Although it is kind of a valentine/love theme... I have used it for so many other types of cards.

Anyways, you should have arrived from Darlys Blog. If not you might want to start at Melissa's blog and check out all of the inspiration along the way! 

I have a few projects to share today.

I'm starting off with this simple birthday card. I cut the little flags from the pattern paper and stapled them in a cluster. I then adhered the sticker from the Complements pack to some scrap paper, cut it out and mounted on foam squares. Finally the sentiment is from this months SOTM - Card Captions. 


Next up, since I had created so many projects I did have some scraps thus I put them to good use to create a quilt type of card. I added some real stitching, some messy threads and some die cut hearts from the Stitched Hearts die. I then added a needle and sentiment from the Quilt Quotes stamp set. 

For this card I used the Stitched Square Die to create some frames, one of which I cut in half and adhered to each end. The larger one I stapled the cut out heart to then mounted on foam circles. That cute little bear is a Hostess special - you have to host a party in order to get him. :) 

I added a puffy heart from the So Much Happy collection. The XO was die cut using the Block Alphabet dies

Finally, I have a layout to share. I stole this photo from my daughter's FB. Such a great shot of her and my grand daughter... (who usually doesn't smile for the camera) so I had to snag it and scrap it. 

I used the Stitched Heart Dies to die cut the hearts. I have also used the Quotable Words stamp set and I snuck in a couple of things from the March SOTM... stay tuned for more :) 

For the title at the bottom of the page, it is subtle but there, I used the Outline Classroom Alphabet stamp set. I fussy cut the 'LOVE' from the pattern paper. 

I sprinkled hearts down the right side of the page from pattern paper and stamping. 









Ok, that's all for me... now onto Michelle's Blog


12 comments:

Darlys said...

WOW!! You are amazing! So much work and all absolutely FABULOUS! I LOVE the stitching!

Brenda Lapp said...

Darlys nailed it. WOW! I too love everything you created. I especially love the quilt inspired card. So fabulous!

Wendy K. said...

Love the layout! And the quilted card is my favorite.

Emily said...

Amazing work!

Jeanne said...

Oh Laurel, you really outdid yourself here. You've created three very different but fantastic cards for us to admire. I like how they are all different, too. Very versatile kit. And then the layout is fabulous, too. That's an adorable photo that you showcased and all the detail around it looks terrific. You are very good!

Michelle Stewart said...

I agree with everyone, the cards and layout are all amazing. My fave is the patchwork card. Great use of products.

Janet's Planet said...

I love all your projects! Super amazing!

Melissa Robinson said...

Oh my! You've been busy! I love all of your artwork...especially that top card! The colors!

Barbara Kell said...

love all the work that went into that layout!

Lauren said...

These are amazing! I especially love the quilt inspired card- it reminds me of the layout I shared!

Cat Nowak said...

Wow, great cards and fantastic layout!!

D said...

Such sweet cards and layout

01 09 10