Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sketchy Saturday - You're the Sweetest

My first sketch of the new year!

Are you making Valentine cards yet? I have made a few, but remember that heart can be any shape :)

I used the Heart Happy Collection - I promise, only a few more projects then I will share other stuff ;)

I thought this card could actually be used for any occasion not just valentines. Kind of like a thank you card etc.  The heart is cut with the new Stitched Heart dies. The sentiment is from a last years stamp set but there are so many current ones that would work here  as well... Check out this month's Stamp of the Month - so versatile!

To create the scallop border I used the Decorative Border die. Before adhering that panel I wrapped it with some of the white ribbon. I don't use ribbon a lot but once in awhile it is the perfect touch. Of course... still had to include some staples and twine. 



Now I would love to see your take on the sketch:



2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors!

Jeanne said...

I really like your take on this sketch. The colors are lovely and that heart is very sweet. You can't go wrong with a good scallop either. Pretty card!

01 09 10