Thursday, February 28, 2019

Inspired By...modern quilt

The new Inspired By challenge is up and it is so bright and cheery.

I was inspired by the quilt and I pulled out a sketch... to create a layout.

I used the I Heart Us collection to scrap this adorable photo of my grand daughter.

I used the Stitched Square die to cut out the squares (all from scraps). Funny thing is that you don't have to stitch as there is already faux stitching on the squares.... however, you know me and my sewing! LOL.

I used some of the frames that are cut when cutting the square just to lay over top of my 'quilt' for more detail and texture. I then just stitched.



Once all of that was in place I added the photo, journaling card, die cuts and stickers.



Now here is the inspiration, can you see how I was inspired? Come on over and play!





3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh the texture you achieved on this layout with your quilt design and the stitching. It looks amazing. You and your sewing is just about as fun as you and your staples. ;) Your granddaughter is a cutie no matter what, but she looks extra adorable here. Thanks for sharing!

SunnyAZ said...

Title is perfect...Beautiful...with such an adorable granddaughter and gorgeous LO...so fun with all the colors and textures. Thanks for sharing!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I love the photo, the lovely stitching you did on the layout and that fun title. GREAT take on the challenge!!

01 09 10