Friday, February 1, 2019

Love Us

Since it is February (finally! 😏 ) I have another Valentine/Love card to share today using bits of the Heart Happy Collection.  As I am sure you know.... I have used this collection quite a bit so I do have scraps...

I combined it with black and kraft - another project for this week's Inspired By challenge. And... if you are a member of the Inspired By Facebook Group... I post a weekly sketch there - come on and join us (this card is made with that sketch but you have to be in the group to see it)

Anyways. Not only do I love the Heart Happy collection - which is only available until the end of February I also love playing with dies.

I have used the Stitched Rectangle Die to create the frame, which is then mounted on foam strips.  I then die cut some hearts using the Stitched Heart Dies, with the two smaller ones being mounted on foam squares.

Next I used the Block Alphabet dies to cut out the US - the love was cut with a die from last year. 


As a final touch I stamped the XO from the Details I Love stamp set here and there. 









2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Laurel. I really like the fun colors against the kraft background. The letters and sentiment really pop. You are so good at using pattern paper to its fullest advantage. :)

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the way you layered the hearts and the fun addition of the Xs and Os. GREAT design!!

01 09 10