Sunday, August 18, 2019

A couple of kids birthday cards

What? A post and it isn't Thursday? Yep finally got some crafty time that wasn't just for an assignment and was just for fun. It has been awhile (though I have been working on my Project Life, Fitness Journal and Project 12 albums, just haven't posted pics.)

Anyways dug into some retired CTMH - I used most of it, now the rest will be for my grand daugher :)

I am building my stash of kids cards both for me and now since my grand daughter is going to Kindergarten, she will need some.


First up I flipped the sketch of Freshly Made Sketches to create this simple card. Not much to say just some simple layering and fussy cutting. The dinosaur is mounted on foam squares.



Next up since The Paper Players called for a CAS kids card I went with that. The main panel is mounted on foam strips and the bear (Studio Katia) is mounted on foam circles. 


    



8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very fun and festive birthday cards. You are gonna be busy making birthday cards. Hard to believe your granddaughter is ready for kindergarten already! Wow!

Windy Ellard said...

Such adorable kids birthday cards...the 5 on the balloon would really make me smile!

Rose said...

such fun cards!! great to see you getting crafty time :)

Windy Ellard said...

Forgot to tell you thank you for playing along with the challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Adorable kid cards, Laurel! Your layering always amazes me- it is perfect! Great colors and patterns. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

Such charming little guys! I love the big birthday in the background of each. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, these are both so sweet!! Adorable images, great embellishments, perfect papers and coloring! Thanks for sharing your little bear with us at the PLayers this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two beautiful cards Laurel - the bear with his number balloon is super cute! Thanks for joining my CAS challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

01 09 10