Thursday, October 24, 2019

Same colors and papers two different looks

Hey everyone, I am home today with the flu but took a bit of time to play since that really makes me happy :) I played with some CTMH goodies and along with a few challenges to create these very different cards using the same papers and colors.


The colors for the cards were inspired by the Color Throwdown challenge: 


First up, I went with a Halloween card. The strips of sentiment were cut from a Picture My Life card from last years Halloween papers. I then used a stamp from this year. The hat is mounted on foam circles and the main panel is on foam strips for added dimension.


Playing along with 

I then decided to go with a masculine birthday card and once again the main image is mounted on foam circles. 

I was inspired by this sketch





8 comments:

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear you have the flu. Hope you feel better really soon. Looks like you were able to do something fun here. Great looking cards. It's always fascinating to see the different looks you can achieve with the same type of items. Take care!

LeAnne said...

I love them both! The truck is amazing....and I am in love with the colors of that CTD challenge too....you rocked them!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Great cards Laurel! Love the colors. Thanks for submitting to AHSC.

Jen Timko said...

Loving the notebook background paper! Wonderful cards. So glad you joined us this week at FMS! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Broni said...

Laurel, these are awesome! I love them both! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Brandi said...

I love them both, so cute and yet so different. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Karren said...

Fabulous cards! The notepaper is such a cool look! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jessica K said...

Love these cards! I love how you thought out of the box for our Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Great job!!

01 09 10