Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Fall Table Runner


I had a couple of hours the other day (that is all the crafting I was able to fit in for a few days, I am having withdrawls!) and wanted to make a burlap table runner for fall.  I am really loving the burlap lately.  I also only had a couple of hours and I wanted the project done as with school starting this week, and being a teacher, who knows when I would get back to it, ;)  Anyhow, I cut out some leaves with my Making Memories Slice Elite and the Back to School cartridge.  I used the negative part as a stencil and painted with acrylic paint.  Then I added some buttons by sewing them on with twine.  The circles are cut from some scrap fabric that I picked up at a garage sale and the burlap is a leftover piece from some of my gift wrapping last Christmas, making this good for Lynn's Recycle challenge.

It is also for the DIY Showoff challenge:


I stencilled both ends of the runner, then I spritzed with some paint.
Another view (kind of an old centerpiece, personally I like the more muted tones now, and am on the lookout for something cheap).
A close-up of the leaves.  Such an easy project, love that!




15 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Laurel what a great design, very festive!

yyam said...

Wow Laurel! This looks fabulous! Just perfect for fall! :)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Lynn's recycling challenge! :)

TesaB said...

What a great idea! It turned out totally gorgeous. LOVE the little buttons as extra details!!!!

Jenny said...

So cute, love it!! Great idea!! :) :) :) :)

Dora said...

Aw this is perfect, looks great!

lynn said...

this is so FABulous, laurel! love the spritzed paint! thanks for playing!!

Katie said...

Love it!!!

Karen Pedersen said...

Genius! And, I love the bright and warm oranges on your more muted runner. I think it's a gorgeous contrast.

Karen B. said...

Wow, that is truly beautiful Laurel!

Bananastamper said...

This looks great, very "earthy"! Love the buttons!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous! My mother-in-law used her Slice for sewing - she loves it!

~amy~ said...

I adore burlap and love your table runner!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! What a fabulous table runner, Laurel! Love, love it! I'm so digging burlap, too. Adds such great texture to everything. Love the stenciled leaves and the buttons are a fabulous touch.

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous, you are so talented!

Alanna said...

WOW, this is stunning. Beautiful.

01 09 10