Saturday, December 15, 2012

Direction???


Time for another Inspiration Elevator challenge and this month Sue has challenged us.

Sue's challenge is to scrapbook what you FEAR the most. I think it's important to document your fears as well as your happy times and accomplishments. Many times, things of which we are FEARFUL, often characterize our personalities. It's also rewarding to be able to look back, once you have overcome a fear, to realize how far you have come. On the heels of my husband's heart attack, this was an obvious choice for me, but it's difficult to put into words the FEAR that you feel when faced with the possible loss of your partner. I want to remember the fear that we both felt, so that it will help us to stick to our commitment of living a healthier, less stressful life.

So what is it that you FEAR the most?

Not only do I want you to scrapbook about a FEARFUL topic, but I also want you to include at least ONE product that you have avoided using. Maybe it's because you are hoarding it and are FEARFUL of using it all, or maybe you are intimidated by it. Whatever the reason, spread your wings and challenge yourself to use it.

Right now my biggest fear is my youngest daughter trying to figure out her way in life.  A fourteen year old, attractive girl in her first year of high school.  I pulled together a few photos that I took in the fall to document my fear.  I enlarged the railroad one and used it as a background then layered some smaller ones on top.  The pattern paper, kraft, envelopes and stickers are all from Jillibean Soup Country Pumpkin Chowder.  The twine is from Divine Twine and all of the die cuts are with my Cricut (Artiste -leaves; words - Graphically Speaking; arrows - Going Places)





I loved this homemade sign when we were on a walk one day so I had to take a photo of it.  It was perfect to include in this layout!

I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:
Michelle Hernandez, Guest Designer


Tumblr_mf1gxmeZM61qggnzso1_500

15 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this! A wonderful layout!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is powerful Laurel! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the title ... just beautiful!!!

TesaB said...

Oh WOW! Fantastic page!

Christa said...

Laurel I love your photo choices here to express your concerns for her choices in the future. The large text accents are perfect. You are a star!

Ann said...

Your photos tell the story so well, Laurel and it's cool how your lettering or long title works across the entire page.

LisaM said...

Amazing photo choices and fabulous page Laurel

Lisa Spiegel said...

Just beautiful! I love your cameo cuts and all the symbolism here!

Unknown said...

Absolutely perfect, from the photos to the way that you incorporated your words!

Cathy said...

I just love this photo, simply gorgeous and the title work. So hard worrying about the path our kids choose!

Bananastamper said...

Fantastic layout Laurel! LOVE the enlarged background photo - it works so well here!

Joanne said...

Great page Laurel! I love the title work and all the little details on your design!
Joanne xo

Unknown said...

What an awesome and sentimental layout!

Sue Sykes said...

Congrats on the pub! I saw it briefly when it was first posted and loved it - the topic was touching and I loved the photo of the tracks...

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, snagged for pub already! Congrats!

1CardCreator said...

Love the train tracks with the photo. Congrats on having it pulled for publication too!

01 09 10