Saturday, January 12, 2013

Project Life Week 1

So yes, I decided to try a Project Life.  Last year I took a number of daily photos and used some of them in my regular albums but this year I hope to compile them all into a Project Life album.  Will I stick with it?  Who knows, hope so.  I have to admit, I was intimidated by doing a Project Life - much like Mini Albums or even 12 X 12 layouts (I used to do 8 1/2 X11)  used to intimidate me.  But if I didn't just jump in and do it, my photos would once again, be nicely organized on my computer and no where else.  So I jumped in, or more like eased myself in - not a lot of layers, die cuts, stamping, doodads and such - just got my first week photos into pages.  Using the Echo Park Photo Freedom papers made this very easy.  I am happy with the pages as the journaling to me is what it is all about.  Although I won't lie,  they look kind of plain to me - they need some layers and oomph.  I am pretty sure that if, as I continue my album and I become more comfortable with it, my pages will take somewhat of a different turn.  I am ok with that.  It is all about documenting life - and my progress in that is part of that life ;)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for you!! I still haven't taken the plunge yet for this project!! I loveeeeeeee how the first week looks!! Awesome!!!

1CardCreator said...

What a beautiful keepsake to pass on too! ~Diane

Bananastamper said...

Way to go - I so cannot see me doing this, but admire those who are able to pull it off. This will be an awesome keepsake!

Rose said...

good for you!!!! this is going t be so fun to look back on :)
i spy your cute kitty!!!

Jeanne said...

Good luck to you on this project, Laurel. I commend you for making the effort. I enjoyed looking at your layout...is that a peak of your new kitchen? And your kitty is so funny sitting there next to your adorable daughter. I can see where this is a fantastic project, but where it can also be intimidating. If anyone can do it, I'll bet you can, though.

Thanks so much for sharing!
PS You and your hubby are so cute together, too! :)

01 09 10