Saturday, October 19, 2013

Halloween Home Decor from Thrift Store and Garage Sale finds

I love going to thrift shops and garage sales.  One of the reasons is because a few years ago I started creating some home décor from these finds - a bit of spray paint and scrapbooking items and some easy and inexpensive unique home décor.  I like slowly building my collection bit by bit, that is part of the fun.  

A couple of wooden trinket boxes that I up cycled with some Echo Park paper.

My Mantle:  Some  old glass jars and tin spray painted then some labels from My Mind's Eye.  The oval frame was a cheap plastic find and I just added some Echo Park products.  I also love the vintage canning jar filled with $ store bones.

an upcycled wooden chest and notice the bone - a real whale bone.

my favorite find this year - this pitcher -which I like better black

then filled with these dried roses I have had hanging since summer.

some mismatched candle holders all painted black on top of a burlap runner I made and stencilled with some bats.

Still on the lookout for the perfect 'witch boot' but for now this one works.  I also spray painted the tall candlestick - it used to be an ugly bronze.

I have moved into my dining room now as today I spray painted this candelabra.  Can't wait to build up my dining room décor.


11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks awesome! LOVING those stacked boxes!!!

wendipooh13 said...

super cool items to decorate with!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Laurel...looks creepy and fantastic! Your eye for design sure extends to home decor as well. Loved the bones in the jar in addition to all the scrapified goodies. Thanks so much for sharing!

~amy~ said...

okay, I have to tell you, I want to go garage sale-ing/thrifting with YOU! Love everything!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your fun Halloween decor!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH, WICKED COOL,!

Rose said...

LOVE all your items!!! :)

yyam said...

Awesome. Love the idea of building your own unique stash of homemade decor!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omword, you ROCK, Laurel! I LOVE your decor! So totally my style! Your up cycled projects are so fabulous! I'm going to get me some black spray paint!!

Unknown said...

You need to come decorate my house!

Lyndal said...

Awesome Halloween decorations Laurel!!

01 09 10