Monday, June 11, 2018

Mindful Monday - grandpa

Welcome to another Mindful Monday.  What is Mindful Monday?  well... it is explained here, but in a nutshell, documenting simple things that just make us happy.  I think it is important to take the time to be mindful and just appreciate what we have, and the simple and amazing things that surround us in our daily lives.  

This week's prompt is.. grandpa

What does that mean to you?  your grandpa, what is a special memory you have of your grandpa?  what is a special treasure you have that reminds you of your grandpa?

I have used some Crate Paper along with the Never Be Afraid KOTM from Unity for my pages (that subtle tree is a stamp as is the leaf - which I mounted on foam squares) The title is cut with my Silhouette. 

I pretty much grew up without a grandpa.  My dad's dad died before I was born and my mom's dad died when I was 4.  I do have some vague memories of him but not many.

In comes grandpa Jack.  I had a grandpa Jack (my great grandpa) so I was quite happy to have another grandpa Jack.  Jason's (my hubby's) grandpa.  From the moment Jason and I started dating, grandpa Jack made me feel welcome, special and loved.

He loved kids and it showed.  He also loved hugs.  I came from a family that didn't really hug but grandpa Jack gave/took them whether you wanted to or not and I'm glad he did.  I still remember his hugs and wish that he was still here so that I could give him another.




I would love to see what the prompt means to you: 



1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Lovely post, Laurel. I didn't know my grandpas, either. One died before I was born and the other lived across the country and I only saw him a few times. I didn't really have a grandfatherly influence in my life. How wonderful that your husband's grandpa adopted you! Hugs are a wonderful way to connect. What a great man he must have been. Lucky you!

01 09 10