Thursday, July 30, 2009

Grade 1 Happy Birthday

I have been keeping this secret for awhile and it has been very hard for me! I was asked to be a Guest Designer on 365 Cards! I was very excited when Pam emailed me and asked if I would be interested, such an honor. If you have not visited 365 Cards yet, you should, they have some great challenges and they have a new one every day!

For my card I was asked to do a 'Peek-a-boo to You' card - kind of like a surprise window. I was a little stumped at first then I found this on SCS. It was so easy to do.

I am of course using it for one of the students in my class next year.



Pattern Paper: K & Company, WRMK Cardstock: CTMH Stamps: CHF, CTMH Ink: CTMH ribbon: stash Die Cut: K & Company Mini Letter Stickers: Making Memories Punch: SU!


14 comments:

Alanna said...

Congrats Laurel on your guest DT position. Your card is so cute. I love the papers and that little worm.

Brenda said...

Congratulations Laurel! It is not a surprise at all that you were asked - look at the amazing card you created!! Whatever child you give it to is going to be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Jeanne said...

Laurel I am always amazed and inspired by what you create and these cards and the layout just wowed me! I have wanted to do a layout with the lyrics to I Hope You Dance for my girls. You've done it and spectacularly.

Congrats on your recent successes...truly deserved!

Krista Ritskes said...

Congratulations, Laurel! You certainly deserve it. Your card is beautiful.

Lori said...

What an adorable card.

whoistracy said...

Oh that little worm is adorable!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats Laurel on the Guest Designer position!!!
This card is too cute...I would never put those colors together...but you did and it rocks!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card! Congrats on the Guest Designer spot!

~amy~ said...

woot woot Laurel!!!! SWEET card!!

Unknown said...

congrats! You deserve it! Another fabulous card. These colors are great together! I've left a little something for you on my blog!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh my goodness Laurel! What an ADORABLE card! I LOVE your peek-a-boo worm! The colors are so bright and pretty . . . the card is just so sweet! I wish I was in 1st grade again.

Kathi Carlson said...

Love this sweet card, Laurel! I saw it yesterday on 365 Cards. Great bio, too! Well-deserved!

Carolyn said...

Cute card & Congrats on being GD! I love your work!!

01 09 10