Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A layout and a card using Sonoma

A sketch from Pencil Lines: For my layout, I printed the lyrics of I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack on a transparency and have it semi hidden behind the title and picture. I love this song and I do hope that my girls 'dance'. The bird rub ons are also my incorporation for the Scrapping Out Loud challenge to incorporate newsprint. I love the vintage feel of these birds!
Stamp: CTMH Pompoms: Scrapbooking Fanatics Rubons: Glitz Chipboard Letters: CTMH Mini Letters: Making Memories
Since I had the scraps out and they went perfect for Dawn's Color Challenge I decided to do a card too.


I used the Bonus sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You and my new slice cartridge (Basics 3).


For my card I cut out and layered the flowers. I then used some liquid glass and glass beads in the center.
Pattern Paper: Scenic Route Cardstock: CTMH Stamp: CTMH Ink: CTMH Punch: Martha Stewart Pearls: Hero Arts Slice: Basics 3




22 comments:

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Love the card!

Kathi Carlson said...

Laurel, I LOVE your layout and your card. Both are big time beau-ti-ful!!

Jess said...

love it Laurel!!! gorgeous card also..thanks so much for playing along this week!

Sarah said...

OK you gotta stop Laurel! This is amazing stuff. First the gorgeous LO and then the CARD!!! WOW to both.

Carolyn said...

The layout is GORGEOUS! and so is the card!!

Bananastamper said...

Absolutely beautiful! I LOVE that song, it makes the perfect title for the layout! Cheers,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

lovely creations.. xD

Unknown said...

Your dance page is just amazing! I may have lift this one, my Ashlea is a dancer. Your card is just perfect!
Blessigns,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, thanks so much for playing along at SOL.

Sue Lelli said...

Love the layout! I LOVE that song and it it such a huge wish for a 13 year old girl. She will always cherish this LO.

Gwen said...

oh my gosh!! this thing is gorgeous!!! fantastic job!!!

~amy~ said...

great LO and card Laurel!!!

cnelson said...

gorgeous creations! love the colors!

yyam said...

Great job Laurel! Love them both! :)

anja curvers said...

Wow I love that lay-out but the card it's gorgeous I love that sonoma line you did a great job and thank's for playing along with 2sketches4you and using my sketch.

Brenda said...

Wow! Your artwork is amazing, Laurel, and I learn so much from you! I have got to take my Slice out more often - you do so much with yours!

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful layout and matching card! Great job on the challenge!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Amy C said...

Gorgeous LO and card!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Such sweet butterflies, pearls and leaves. Way to rock this color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Denise said...

Laurel your layout is just beautiful and soooo inspiring!!! Your card is fantastic too!! Thanks for playing along!

Maria said...

Wow your layout looks gorgeous love that little bird, thanks for playing at SOL this week...

01 09 10