Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Miss Talking to You

It felt good to get back into the scraproom again (thank goodness for scheduled posts!). The start of back to school has been a busy one and I have not been able to do much in the way of my crafts. Not only that, but we had our Fall Fair here on the weekend so that took up some time (Danica entered a few things ... I got first with my House mini album, some scrapbook pages, cards and the Boo Box. Danica got firsts on her things too!) I am hoping that things are sort of settling out now and I will be able to craft more regularly again!

So with such little time, I wanted to incorporate as much as I could into one card, and I am happy with the end product. First of all the sketch is from a new Challenge site I discovered called Crazy 4 Challenges - having blogger trouble so I am not able to load the sketch but you can see it here. I then included the 365 Challenge Make a Mosaic - fit perfectly with the sketch! Next another 365 Card Challenge which is today's challenge - It's What's inside that counts (must include 'miss you' on the inside of the card). I'm not finished though, it is also for the Moxie Fab Challenge - Around the House Challenge - however do any of us even have this type of phone around??? Finally, it is also for the Pile it On Challenge - Black and White with a pop of color! 5 Challenges in one. Not bad for a 15 minute card hey?

The phone and the 'bubble talk' are mounted with foam squares. I cut the talking bubble out of some of the pattern paper.
Now for the inside of the card. I am going to send to my friend who I hardly ever see (we don't live in the same town) nor do we talk much anymore. So sad.
Pattern Paper: American Crafts (teen)
Cardstock: Close to My Heart
Stamp: Cornish Heritage Farm
Ink: CTMH
Cricut: Wild Card

27 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love your card, thanks for playing with the C4C

Maureen said...

What a fabulous card!! I wish I could make cards this awesome in only 15 minutes!! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Carolyn V said...

What a fun card, Laurel!

Frances said...

Great card Laurel and I am soooo feeling your pain. I find myself drowning in school work and family stuff...can you wish your summer back? Have a good one girlie!

Amy Liz Schultz said...

wow great work haha these both are VERY fun and unique

Brenda said...

Did you free hand that phone? I am impressed!! I have one on one of my Cricut cartridges (I think it's Wild Card). You have really combined all of these challenges well!

yyam said...

This is soooo cute! You're amazing Laurel...15 minutes! Whoa! And combined so many challenges in 1!

Dora said...

15 minutes....this would took me a lot more! Great card love the phone!

Unknown said...

Congrats to both you and Danica!!!! It is crazy getting the year underway, isn't it? Both cards are FAB!!!! Love the telephone!!!!!
blessings,
Kim xXx
Prayer for some rest (at least that's how I'm feeling)...

Shelia said...

Boy, you did good. that many challenges in one card.

Cindy Haffner said...

So cool, awesome job.

~amy~ said...

You rock sista!

Pamela Wade said...

Very nice card! ~~Pam

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very,very cute card!

Carolyn said...

Very cute/creative!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow I just love the inside! It's perfect!

Sparkplug17 said...

So cute! I love the inside just as much.

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love that card. it so fabulous. love that retro phone and the inside too!

Unknown said...

Totally cute! I love the bold graphic patterns and that aqua is fabby with the b&w!

(-: Heidi

Jaspere said...

This are so unique. Love the black and white contrast.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Laurel! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Gloria Stengel said...

Well, aren't you one creative missy! Great card!

Jeanne said...

I was honestly wondering just how in the world you were still able to do so much creating with the start of the school year. Never occurred to me that you would schedule posts. Duh, me!

I love how unique and creative you are as well as varied in your creations!

Brenda said...

Way cool card! Thank you for playing with PIO this week.

Traveling Mama said...

This is AWESOME! I love everything about it!

Vanessa said...

So cool! Congrats on your PTI win!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

oh laurel,
this is really really cool!!!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! I hope you come back for more Piling!

-- dalis

01 09 10