Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thinking of you - chocolates

ETA the kids were very happy with their little gifts. In fact Danica has mentioned is so many times, she absolutely loves the little apples and what the whole thing looks like that she does not want to eat the chocolates! She is saving the wrappers, what a cutie! They both have had great first days - It has been non stop talking since I got home about 3 1/2 hours ago! I'm exhausted!

Today is back to school here. I hate being a working mom, I miss taking my kids to their first day of school - and of course being a teacher I can't really take the day off to do this! Both of my girls are going up to new schools (Jaimee is at high school and Danica middle school). I am sure my mom or hubby will take them but I want to! Since I can't be there, I made them these tins. They keep seeing the ones I make for others and they like them (and wish they could have some of the chocolates!), so I decided to make some for them and hide them in their backpacks. I wrote a little note in the card. The apples are on foam squares. Maybe these will make up for all my 'mean mom' moments! Haha, perhaps for 10 minutes or so! Pattern Paper: October Afternoon Cardstock: CTMh Stamps: Unity, CTMH
ribbon: Stampingbella Cuttlebug and Copics

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

Darling Laurel....OMGoodness, check out all that October Afternoon goodness!

Dora said...

I love chocolate! These are amazing, wonderful!

Jeanne said...

Oh...you have to tell us their reactions to this super cute and super scrumptious surprise. What a great mom you are!

I'm sure they understand why you can't be right there to send them off, but it still tugs at the heart.
Hugs to you, Mom!

Anonymous said...

I MUST make one of these tins!!! You always make them look so AWESOME!

Unknown said...

What a perfect way to let them know you love them when you can't be there. I think chocolate is the universal "I love you" language. lol.

Crystal said...

These are great! Would make wonderful teacher gifts also :)
Sorry you don't get to take your girls to school...it's hard when you work (especially being a teacher yourself!)

Karla Kroese said...

Your girls will love them and they'll know you love them, too. Super cute!

Sarah said...

I LOVE these!!!! Those apples are TOO cute.

laterg8r said...

you are a GREAT mom - they are gonna love this (and their friends too) :D

Brenda said...

What a wonderful idea! I was working until Shane was in 4th grade, so I understand completely. I stuck a lot of little notes and gifts in his backpack. Yours is perfect!

Sparkplug17 said...

So cute! I'm sure they'll be so thrilled!

Unknown said...

Totally adorable! I am loving all those uber cute apples!

(-: Heidi

Jenn said...

What great little gifts!! I'm sure they were thrilled to find them!

Bananastamper said...

How yummy are these!?! Your girls will love them, I'm certain and I'm sure their friends will be thrilled as well if they decide to share....
Cheers,
Shanna

Ann said...

Mmmm, these are perfect, Laurel!

Cindy Lee said...

You are such a sweet mom, Laurel!! I'm sure your kids love it and won't mind that you are not there :)

Unknown said...

Aw, how sweet! These are adorable! I hope your first day of school went well, and for the girls also! I've been back for 5 weeks already...ugh! Thanks for posting the candy!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Christina said...

OH Laurel, those are super duper cute!! I can imagine how sad you feel about missing out on stuff but even those of us that get to stay at home sometimes miss out on special moments too. I think it's a gene us moms carry to feel guilty or bad about things that are even out of our control! I'm sure your girls know just how much you love them and I'm sure they understand why you can't be there to drop them off. At least you can find other moments to celebrate with them!! HUGS!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute tins, Laurel, and a sweet thing to do that your girls will never forget!

While I feel bad that you didn't get to take them to school on their first day, it's that non-stop chatter at the end of the day that's a really good thing. Enjoy!

LauraB said...

WOW-YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT MOM! and realize that your daughters know this too!

Carolina said...

Laurel, you just melted my heart! What a darlin' daughter you have and what an amazing gift from you - so very thoughtful and I'm sure it's something they're going to remember for the rest of their lives.

01 09 10