Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thank you

Here is Beate's sketch for this week: My card incorporates several challenges. First off, I started with Courtney's, Everything But the Kitchen Sink Challenge - to use something from the mail. The 'kraft' paper is actually the brown bag that my PTI stamps came in. I stamped a background stamp on it for the center panel. I also stamped a tree on it and fussy cut it out. I also incorporated the SCS WCMD09D Challenge to use Beate's sketch to make a thank you card and use some chocolate. Finally, the SCS WCMD09B challenge to pop something up on a card, and Pile it on (dimensional)- my pumpkins are on foam squares. All supplies are from Close to My Heart and I used my Slice to cut out the sentiment. BTW, please excuse the messed up sentiment - my Slice does not always work for me the way I would like - I have wasted a lot of paper- so after a few cuts this is what I settled with. (the card is going to my mom who loves anything I make!)


24 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute! I love your pumpkins.

Dora said...

Those pumpkins are great and as always your colors you've choose are wonderful, very warm!

liszha said...

Laurel, it is the bomb! You are the bomb!
I think I could recognize your style now and pick your cards out of 100 others.
Like I could with Dora's.
Anyway, my compliments! Again!
Hugs,
Lisette

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love those pumpkins and all of your stamping.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute! Love the tree and those pumpkins!!

Jeanne said...

Love those pumpkins! The whole design is wonderful. Excellent work!

Amy Heller said...

Super cute! Laurel, girl where do you find the time? Teaching, a mom, a super crafter AND CTMH consultant - I wish I was able to get as much done in a week as you! Inspiration galore, you are!

Brenda said...

I love the combinations of product and colors that you've used! Hey - that happens to me and my Slice once in a while. Have you tried "homing" the blade or adjusting the pressure? When all else fails, I clean my mat and put fresh adhesive on it. They have so many new cartridges, so I'm trying to use it more and more!

Ann said...

Total cuteness, Lauren! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

Lynnette said...

Awesome card. I love your take on the challenge(s). Thanks for playing the Kitchen Sink Challenge.

Unknown said...

Very cute pumpkins!!!

Trish

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I bought those pumpkin stamps and thought I'd use them a ton, but for some reason I have never been able to figure out a way to use them that I loved. Now I need to pull them back out and play.

Amy Liz Schultz said...

great pumpkins! I am so jealous of your stitching skills :)

laterg8r said...

sweet punkins :D

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh... such a cute card! So glad that you could play along with us at EBKS challenge!!

Carolyn said...

Very cute, love those pumpkins!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Cute card! Great job on the challenges!

Courtney Baker said...

This is so cute! Such a great idea to use the brown bag! Thank you for playing along with us!

Winter said...

Oh, it so pretty! I love it! Thanks for play with us in the challenge! :)

Melissa said...

Great card! I love those pumpkins!

Jhonie said...

I love this card....
I'm so happy to found this creative blogs.

Denise said...

Very very Pretty!!!!

Deanna said...

Wowzers this si awesome!

Dee @ Pile It On DT

~kelly marie~ said...

So fun! I just love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

01 09 10